Cutting Open Orange Cans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more times on YouTube will people continue to grab an angle grinder, cut open an orange can, whine about it and tell us it's junk? There are already more videos of this on YouTube than you can shake a stick at. We are already well aware what you find inside an orange can.

Originally Posted by KevGuy
We are already well aware what you find inside an orange can.

OCan you see, OCan you see, what that YouTube … is doing to me ...²

It's all good.
35.gif

How about the guy who burns media with sparks from the grinder wheel while cutting the can (you can see the puffs of smoke), then thinks and spews about the media being defective ...
lol.gif
Real "pros" on YouTube.

I've cut an OC open that came off a Kia Rio that went 7000 miles on the oil. It held up just fine. There was one video where rust was found in one, but who knows how long that filter could have been sitting around. The worst video I saw was when someone thought the adhesive that seeped through the end caps was mold. I tried looking for the video and can't find it. If it was some fungal growth, I don't think you'd be seeing mushrooms growing in your crankcase anyway lol.

Last one I saw was a guy complaining that the cheapest Orange Can wasn't the equivalent of middle to top tier brand filters when it came to construction. He was astonished and couldn't recommend one as if it would somehow cause instantiations failure of your engine.

Have you all seen the one where the guy is shooting the OC and then peeing on it? Disgraceful. Fram filters are fine.

How many more times on YouTube will people continue to grab an angle grinder, cut open an orange can, whine about it and tell us it's junk? There are already more videos of this on YouTube than you can shake a stick at. We are already well aware what you find inside an orange can.

Likewise I wonder how many more times on Bitog people will continue to post about it.

I put 350,000 miles on my Olds Trofeo with GTX and Orange Cans. Never once had a problem with them. They are definitely beautiful filters!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I put 350,000 miles on my Olds Trofeo with GTX and Orange Cans. Never once had a problem with them. They are definitely beautiful filters!

How was the varnish buildup? I went 4-5 straight years using GTX in the 1980s (Pontiac 6000). Inside of the engine was Varnish City with 3K OCIs. The next 4-5 years using Pennzoil yellow removed all the varnish.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

How was the varnish buildup? I went 4-5 straight years using GTX in the 1980s (Pontiac 6000). Inside of the engine was Varnish City with 3K OCIs. The next 4-5 years using Pennzoil yellow removed all the varnish.

Gosh I have no idea. I just drove the wheels off of it till I got bored and wanted a new car :p

Ran like a dream though! Was a fun car. The whole thing was push button and digital. It would even talk to you with this sexy woman's voice haha!

KevGuy, where have you been hiding?
BTW, you better read the OIL FILTER FORUM rules about what you call the FRAM oil filter. You will get a vacation if you break the rules.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
We are already well aware what you find inside an orange can.

OCan you see, OCan you see, what that YouTube … is doing to me ...²

lol.gif
lol.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back