Crooked Tire Shop Outside of Placerville California

Any reason you're holding on to it that long if you don't use it? How much are you spending on taxes and insurance? As the property owner, I could imagine the county going after YOU to get rid of the tires.
The property is 31 acres one parcel away from my parents 20 acre vineyard and winery. Always wanted to develop it, in lieu of that, build a house on it. Parents have passed, winery sold, and I will never move back to the People's Republic. I checked with a civil engineer/surveyer friend who used to do developments there. He indicated I'd be a fool to attempt to subdivide.
And yes, the County was going after me to get rid of the tires. I was told I had to have receipts that they went to a recycle facility, were hauled by a licensed tire hauler, etc. I called their bluff on that one. Pointed out that tire shops didn't have to prove that, what are they going to do to me? Also, my caretaker did some kind of deal with a friend of his and removed 70 odd tires to a recycle center with no documentation. They had no response to that. That took us within County limits for number of tires allowed.

The best way I can see forward is working with County Environmental. They really want to get these guys. Every time they get close, the shop either changes it's name or ownership (within the same crime family).

...With the proper focus, you can most likely make this issue go away if it's a legitimate business. If it's a criminal enterprise, all bets are off...
Absolute gem of a post. Judging from my conversations with County officials, they are a criminal enterprise.

I called their bluff on that one. Pointed out that tire shops didn't have to prove that, what are they going to do to me?
Fine you some stupid amount like $100 a day for each tire kept on the property. If you don't pay they will remove them and add the bill to your property taxes. Don't pay that, they sell off the property at a tax lien sale.

No camera footage, just a couple of witnesses. I'm not sure if I can get them to testify.
Since my place, I've heard they have dumped in 3 other local places. Everybody knows who is doing it, from Code Enforcement, Environmental, other nearby tire shops, etc.
I'm pretty sure I can meet the burden of proof in a civil case, but I'll never hire a lawyer again if I can avoid it.
You may not need to “hire” the lawyer. In some civil cases the winning lawyer is awarded there fees - which can be much higher than the damages. I would contact one at least.

My suggestion, get a group together and return them all to the store some night. Second time, return the tires and light them on fire. Only if you are certain who the guilty are.
I tend to agree...if you are willing to take some risk, just get someone with a trailer and load them up and drop them at the shop in the middle of the night. Sometimes you take matters into your own hands. No way on anything with fire.

My suggestion, get a group together and return them all to the store some night. Second time, return the tires and light them on fire. Only if you are certain who the guilty are.
They are attached to a separately owned gas station, so fire is out of the question. South African necklacing did cross my mind as an appropriate punishment.

Fire should be out of the question in any case. Just thinking out loud.
Anything illegal is out of the question. It's just a flight of fantasy to imagine getting even in that manner.
If they keep it up, I wouldn't be suprised if they ran into the local "Shoot, Shovel, and Shuttup" crowd. That should bring any survivors into compliance.

Anything illegal is out of the question. It's just a flight of fantasy to imagine getting even in that manner.
If they keep it up, I wouldn't be suprised if they ran into the local "Shoot, Shovel, and Shuttup" crowd. That should bring any survivors into compliance.
Yep. Some stuff is happening in the rural areas of California. It’s gonna get worse.

No camera footage, just a couple of witnesses. I'm not sure if I can get them to testify.
Since my place, I've heard they have dumped in 3 other local places. Everybody knows who is doing it, from Code Enforcement, Environmental, other nearby tire shops, etc.
I'm pretty sure I can meet the burden of proof in a civil case, but I'll never hire a lawyer again if I can avoid it.
get some trail cams and set them up so you can catch a plate then nail them.

They probably have plenty of cameras at their store and no trucker would agree to do that for you, no matter how satisfying it would be.

A truck hauled the tires there to begin with.
Many truckers would have no problem returning them.
Including dumping so close to the building that it buries the front doors.

I know someone who used to regularly have his neighbor blowing snow into his driveway. The neighbor was told to stop it, but he didn't.
That guy came home one day to 4 gravel truck loads of snow piled up in his driveway.
The neighbor had to hire a loader and trucks to clean his driveway, and he never again blew snow onto his neighbor's driveway.

Last edited:
This was a one time thing on my property. They don't dump at the same location twice.
If I could keep the shop under surveillance that might bear fruit.
How many tires would you estimate?

This was a one time thing on my property. They don't dump at the same location twice.
If I could keep the shop under surveillance that might bear fruit.

Our neighbor in indiana dumped a bunch of his crap on our property. It was easy to see from aerials so I printed out a google earth picture of the pile moving from their yard to my property and copied my attorney and the local sheriff and gave them a very generous 60 days to clean up their mess or face a trespassing and dumping lawsuit.

Last edited:
Back