Creeper recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the market for a new creeper. Haven't really looked around yet but my old one is about done.
I see a lot of these dog bone looking plastic ones.
What are you using and what are your thoughts.
Thanks!

DO NOT buy the $29.99 creeper from Harbor Freight. I bought that, and literally the second time I laid on it, I rolled across a slightly rough seam in the concrete where one side was raised. The wheel was still slightly turned, and instead of the wheel spinning, it ripped the mounting nuts right through the plastic. Lesson learned.

[Linked Image]

This would be awesome.

Lisle "Jeeper Creepers", Though I usually prefer some nice big cardboard. But sometime you need to roll away from something fast like dropping the coolant on a Ford Diesel.

I wanted the gray creepers from HF that usually has the $19.99 coupon. However, while I was at the dump, I saw what appeared to be a brand new one with holes where the nuts and bolts used to be. I wondered if it was junk or a victim of someone who didn't read the 300 pound weight limit. Have any of you used the red creeper from HF with the metal rails? I think it has a 250 pound limit but looks stronger than the other one.

I have the regular size Bone creeper at work for use on less than perfect concrete floors. I found that small creeper wheels will catch on a pea sized stones or uneven cracks. The Bone's huge, high quality wheels are great on rough floors, cracks, small pebbles, etc.. That is it's best asset. It sits very low to the floor also, it's second best asset. The only con that I have noticed is that those corner "wheel towers" occasionally get in your way if you try to reach over the side of your head.

I would buy another one if mine ever got stolen (I don't think it will ever wear out).

I have a creeper.. its cheap and sucks... cardboard works better most of the time.. everytime I get a huge box.. I save it and replace my creeper(lol)

I think I have used the actual creeper twice in the last 2 years.

I don't use creepers anymore, tired of all their problems...now all I use is Harbor Freight moving blankets. Fling one under the vehicle and slide on in, they last quite a while as long as you are not dumping oils on them, but they are cheap enough that if you do get them dirty you just toss them, they are always on sale for about 5 bucks.

Originally Posted by Inked
Interesting. Any comments on it's performance you care to share?

It works very well. It gives you more room between the floor and the underside of the vehicle, no wheels to get hung up, it's washable,
and you can use it to move heavy loads around in a pickup bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back