crank and water pump pulleys stuck

i cant rotate the cam pulleys since they are locked. i need the sprocket holding tool to undo the bolts and then the cam pulleys can free wheel.

also at this stage is it possible to advance the timing to make use of high octane fuel?

If you have the cams locked then you didn't pull enough slack out between the crank and cam sprockets.

but if you count the teeth in the belt pics above you will see that the old belt and new belt have the same number of teeth between the cam sprockets somehow the new belt is longer? but holding them over each other shows them to be the same size.
also i got these instructions in the box the new cam belt kit came in:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Never mind counting teeth. Make sure ALL the slack is on the tensioners side. If the new belt longer by 1 tooth then you may not have the correct belt. However you should be able to take up the slack with the tensioner.

New belt is same number of teeth as old belt. Dunno why it has more slack between the cam sprockets. Ford probably changed the manufacturer of the belt?

Done the timing belt change and before starting it up i turned engine over by hand over 20 times and made sure timing was all good and no valves hitting pistons. However when i fired up the engine its making a ticking or tapping noise. Made a video:
https://youtu.be/17Zl2dZDdqk

As you can see i can stop it and start it up no problems. The starting is just as good as before the belt change, fires up first time with hardly any cranking.

What can the noise be? This engine has hydraulic lifters and reading around says the oil could have come out of them since iv been turning engine over by hand and it has been sitting for 3 weeks without being started up.
Anyone got any ideas?
In the video there is no auxiliary belt on so that rules the power steering pump, water pump and alternator out.
Does sound as if the noise is from the top end.

Just an update in this. The noise has gone now so must have been the hydraulic lifters being drained out. So far so good.

update on this, forgot to add videos of when i got it running last year after the belt change:

was a bit tappy and noisy on first run but then it quieted up
video below after running a few mins when belt was changed:

and its been a year later now and i done a inspection on the belt,

it seems to have a little more slack in it than the day it was fitted. hows it look to you guys?

Cool will carry on driving it around. Next mod needs to be to find a way to get a cabin filter of sorts since i always get leaves and junk blowing into my face when fan is used

Back