Costo Kirkland 5W30 not a great deal afterall!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it at Walmart...same price....but there I only have to buy one jug not two like in Costco.

[Linked Image]

This is hardly evidence that Costco's running a racket..Some people have 5+ qt sumps so they have to buy 2 anyhow and if you're already at Costco, why not pick up a couple of jugs?.. you at least avoid having to venture into Wally's.. where who knows what can happen to ya!...‚

Edit: and it's "after all" not "afterall"... that would be a new word.

Last edited:
Soooo... How much are you saving in your area?

I won't be buying any Kirkland oil (in the near future) because I have plenty of clearance oil jugs....

but for some people - - it might be worth it (to avoid walmart?) .

My car requires 6 quarts and they sold 1 quart containers as well...

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
This is hardly evidence that Costco's running a racket..Some people have 5+ qt sumps so they have to buy 2 anyhow and if you're already at Costco, why not pick up a couple of jugs?.. you at least avoid having to venture into Wally's.. where who knows what can happen to ya!...‚

When Costco has six packs on sale … it's actually really close to the cost of a jug at Walmart (per/quarts) … so having both can be really handy for 6-8 quart changes …

Originally Posted by Linctex
Soooo... How much are you saving in your area?

I won't be buying any Kirkland oil (in the near future) because I have plenty of clearance oil jugs....

but for some people - - it might be worth it (to avoid walmart?) .

Me going to Costco is 45 miles and a worse jungle inside/outside of the store compared to two Walmart's near me. We hit Costco for specific bulk things only … pretty much fill the back of the Tahoe …

Costco is still cheaper by $4+ so it's a better deal (as long as you are a member). Costco $23.99 for 10 quarts vs $28.74 if you buy two 5 gallon jugs at walmart.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

My wife would say I am the "racket." I just bough a case of Amsoil OE because I like my dealer and I was buying some grease and lawn mower oil. Like I needed it to go with my Federated, ST, PP, SGT and Schaeffers. No, maybe I'm more of a "tool."
banana2.gif

Kirkland in store price is $24 something for the two 5qt jugs. How is your deal better might I ask?

Costco - 75 miles. WalMart - 3 miles. We do make "hauls" to Costco several times a year. I don't seem to have a problem with going to "our" WalMart like some here?

Common sense says to buy a 2nd five quart jug, instead of a single quart, for those needing 6+ quarts.
That way you only need one five quart jug the next 3-4 OCIs, for that six quart engine.

Or, it allows you plenty of leftover oil for vehicles that have consumption issues between OCIs.

I bought 0w20 for under $30 delivered on-line, Costco.com.
No gas or time spent. Click-click. Easy $$.
Of course you could do the same at Wally World on-line.

All good.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Common sense says to buy a 2nd five quart jug, instead of a single quart, for those needing 6+ quarts.
That way you only need one five quart jug the next 3-4 OCIs, for that six quart engine.

Or, it allows you plenty of leftover oil for vehicles that have consumption issues between OCIs.

Uh, yea, doh!

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Which Cheetos are those, fried crispy or puffed?
laugh.gif

Quick Google of the code comes up with a 3.5 oz bag of regular crunchy Cheetos.
[Linked Image from pics.drugstore.com]

I enjoy going to Walmart every couple months. I don't enjoy Costco which is more often. Every Costco I have been in people are noticeably aggressive especially in the parking lot. It's like the world is coming to an end and they are out to survive or something. At the free food you better be quick or lose a finger or two. Even if it is possible to get to a free food table.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

I prefer the Havoline Smart Change 6qt box.

A much simpler way to do a 6qt change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back