Costo Kirkland 5W30 not a great deal afterall!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by earlyre
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Which Cheetos are those, fried crispy or puffed?
laugh.gif

Quick Google of the code comes up with a 3.5 oz bag of regular crunchy Cheetos.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
You 'Mericans are missing out. These destroy anything Cheetos

Naw, you can get the flamin hot ones.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Common sense says to buy a 2nd five quart jug, instead of a single quart, for those needing 6+ quarts.
That way you only need one five quart jug the next 3-4 OCIs, for that six quart engine.

Or, it allows you plenty of leftover oil for vehicles that have consumption issues between OCIs.

I prefer the Havoline Smart Change 6qt box.

A much simpler way to do a 6qt change.

Since my Honda takes 5.7 qts with filter change, I just ordered two of these 6 quart boxes to try out for my next two changes. I like the way it comes. Will be the first time I haven't use Mobil 1.

My favorite part of the Havoline is it makes oil recycle a snap when in the boxes.6 quarts drained, 6 quarts added, 6 quarts of used oil into the box,and capped. No leaks no spills.. back to auto zone to recycle...oh look they have RGT on clearance.

I should have kept the box...lol

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Common sense says to buy a 2nd five quart jug, instead of a single quart, for those needing 6+ quarts.
That way you only need one five quart jug the next 3-4 OCIs, for that six quart engine.

Or, it allows you plenty of leftover oil for vehicles that have consumption issues between OCIs.

I prefer the Havoline Smart Change 6qt box.

A much simpler way to do a 6qt change.

Since my Honda takes 5.7 qts with filter change, I just ordered two of these 6 quart boxes to try out for my next two changes. I like the way it comes. Will be the first time I haven't use Mobil 1.

Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr
My favorite part of the Havoline is it makes oil recycle a snap when in the boxes.6 quarts drained, 6 quarts added, 6 quarts of used oil into the box,and capped. No leaks no spills.. back to auto zone to recycle...oh look they have RGT on clearance.

What's funny is it's such a simple little thing, a 6qt box...but it's a welcome change if you're a +5qt buyer or someone who only uses 5qts but burns a little oil. How did somebody not think of this before, duh??...‚..And they store nicely too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

What's funny is it's such a simple little thing, a 6qt box...but it's a welcome change if you're a +5qt buyer or someone who only uses 5qts but burns a little oil. How did somebody not think of this before, duh??...‚..And they store nicely too.

Problem is if they absorb any moisture out in the garage from damp weather, they start to sag a little and get a belly on them. They haven't "burst" at the seams yet but I could see them breaking down if they sat long enough. I have one more to use then I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105

Problem is if they absorb any moisture out in the garage from damp weather, they start to sag a little and get a belly on them. They haven't "burst" at the seams yet but I could see them breaking down if they sat long enough. I have one more to use then I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Sounds like a storage issue. Cardboard gets wet, who knew?

I keep mine in an elevated metal cabinet. Not surprisingly, I have no issues with water absorption. The cardboard is quite robust otherwise. They will probably survive a drop just as well (or better) than their plastic jug competitors.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105

Yeah i can't say I've had that problem and i live in rainy WA state, but sounds like maybe the box isn't a good fit for ya.

Cheetos have low or zero vii (I'm assuming here lol).
Good oils have low vii.
Therefore Cheetos must be a good oil.

mix with water and pour some in your engine
grin2.gif
Maybe op has discovered something new! He has purchased all ingredients.

btw, what fallacy is that? I loved my logic class. Kept 2 or 3 books to read again someday ...

You guys have this awesome ability to troll, throw threads off and act like a bunch of children. I know, Im not the moderator, but Im pointing out the obvious. I simply pointed out how the same oil is available at Walmart and I came back to find the thread thoroughly trolled.

Last edited:
Costco offers 2 x 5qt jugs online for $29.99+ tx shipped.

Wally's sells 2 x 5qt jugs of FS 5w30 online for $34.94+ tx + $5.99 s/h

Can you spot the better deal?🤔

(i don't go into a Wally's unless absolutely necessary, so I'm using online pricing. Plus in store pricing can vary from region to region (at least it can for Wally's), so it's not a terribly reliable metric for discussing "value")

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Navi
You guys have this awesome ability to troll, throw threads off and act like a bunch of children. I know, Im not the moderator, but Im pointing out the obvious. I simply pointed out how the same oil is available at Walmart and I came back to find the thread thoroughly trolled.

How were the Cheetos?

Costco offers 2 x 5qt jugs online for $29.99+ tx shipped.

Wally's sells 2 x 5qt jugs of FS 5w30 online for $34.94+ tx + $5.99 s/h

Can you spot the better deal?🤔

(i don't go into a Wally's unless absolutely necessary, so I'm using online pricing. Plus in store pricing can vary from region to region (at least it can for Wally's), so it's not a terribly reliable metric for discussing "value")

I believe Wally ships for free over 30 bones.

Last weekend, I paid $24.99 for a box of Costco's Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 motor oil. The box consists of two 5-quart jugs.
It was purchased at the Grafton, Wisconsin Costco.

This comes to $12.495 per 5-qt jug, or $2.499 per quart.

It's a great deal for D1G2 oil. Nuff said.

There is the I believe 2% rebate you get using the CostCo credit card for in their warehouse purchases.

Originally Posted by CKN
There is the I believe 2% rebate you get using the CostCo credit card for in their warehouse purchases.

Forgot about that!
Since I have an executive membership and my family spends thousands there every year, I receive $200 to $300 back every year. This more than pays for my $120/year membership.
This oil costs me less than $24.99...

@Navi,
Your original post was informative and thanks for sharing it.

you presented some facts with actual data for people to decide. I think beyond that, there was not much more to discuss and the thread took some friendly turns ...
I was kidding around since I kind of treat people here like I know them and they are my friends even though we are all strangers ...
Anyway, I apologize if I offended you.

Originally Posted by SteveG4

This comes to $12.495 per 5-qt jug, or $2.499 per quart.

It's a great deal for D1G2 oil. Nuff said.

Very rare that I agree with a "Nuff said"..but, nuff said....

Originally Posted by OilUzer
I was kidding around since I kind of treat people here like I know them and they are my friends even though we are all strangers ...
Anyway, I apologize if I offended you.

Ditto.. never personal, just busting chops. I've actually enjoyed reading some of Navi's post's. They've inspired good discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back