Costco batteries charged to order?

I need a new battery and Costco Interstate is going for a significant discount over the same model sold elsewhere. Their customer service was no help. I'm interested in buying but I don't want to buy old stock

Batteries Plus appears to charge their batteries when ordered but the price is higher

Go in and pick the one out you want.
Last one I bought at Costco, came from the back of the rack.
The first one on the rack had about an inch of dust on it.

They should have a sticker with a date code on them. Anything within 3 months should be good. You could also take a multimeter into the store and test the voltage before you buy it. Anything over 12.5 V is really good. Anything under 12.4 volts and it will have started sulfating.

I'd rather not buy a battery that has been recharged just before purchase because then you don't know if it's been sitting undercharged for months.

Go in and pick the one out you want.
Last one I bought at Costco, came from the back of the rack.
The first one on the rack had about an inch of dust on it.
This is really all you can do.

Those date stickers get replaced sometimes, so you really can't rely on those.

Costco recently changed their battery warranty policy; it is now pro-rated from Day 1.

Sam's Club or NAPA (with their 20% off coupon) is a better option if you want a battery with a real warranty.

They should have a sticker with a date code on them. Anything within 3 months should be good. You could also take a multimeter into the store and test the voltage before you buy it. Anything over 12.5 V is really good. Anything under 12.4 volts and it will have started sulfating.

I'd rather not buy a battery that has been recharged just before purchase because then you don't know if it's been sitting undercharged for months.

I read that Mercedes stocks batteries in an uncharged state and then charges them prior to install. I was hoping that Costco did something similar as I've never seen batteries on the rack at my location.

I think Batteries Plus does the same, per the customer service rep and the store nearest me.

I've bought several Interstate/Costco batteries at Costco...got them off rack, took them home, charged them fully with my Deltran Battery Tender and installed (or installed and then fully charged on Battery Tender)...last battery was bought in July of this year...

Costco doesn't charge any batteries that I am aware of...

Bill

Back