Cool Motorcycle Pics

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by riff1006
Picked this beauty up a couple weeks ago. Manual transmission.

I'm looking at the DCTs...nice bikes!

Did a 310 mile out and back from my home in Palmer Lake, Colorado over the newly fully paved Cottonwood Pass connecting Buena Vista, Colorado to the western Gunnison side of the Continental Divide.

The east side has been paved as long as I can remember, they finished the west side from the top down to Taylor Reservoir late last summer. It took three years of the pass being close to accomplish.

This makes Cottonwood Pass the second highest paved continuous road in the United States at 12,126', which is the elevation at which the picture was taken. Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado is the highest at 12,183'

Panorama view looking east.
[Linked Image]

My ZRX 1200 in the background, and a friends BMW R1200RT in the foreground.
[Linked Image]

Did a 310 mile out and back from my home in Palmer Lake, Colorado over the newly fully paved Cottonwood Pass connecting Buena Vista, Colorado to the western Gunnison side of the Continental Divide.

The east side has been paved as long as I can remember, they finished the west side from the top down to Taylor Reservoir late last summer. It took three years of the pass being close to accomplish.

This makes Cottonwood Pass the second highest paved continuous road in the United States at 12,126', which is the elevation at which the picture was taken. Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado is the highest at 12,183'

Panorama view looking east.
[Linked Image]

My ZRX 1200 in the background, and a friends BMW R1200RT in the foreground.
[Linked Image]
We did that pass in 1978 on my 1972 BMW R50/5. I didn’t realize it wasn’t pavement until it was to late to turn back. One of my mufflers vibrated off during that rough ride, but we made it. Great Summer trip!

Back