Cooking whole chicken in crock pot. Skin on, or off?

I'm going to cook a whole chicken in the crock pot over night, then smoke it for a few hours the next day. I've read recipes online, some saying to remove the skin, some saying to leave it on. My recipe is very simple. salt, pepper,liquid smoke, and bbq sauce. I've done brisket and ribs this way, and it comes out amazing!

So should I take off the skin or leave it on?

Here it is! Literally falls to pieces! Best chicken I've ever tasted,I definitely outdid myself:D
chicken.jpg

Those plates are OLD SCHOOL. Nice work on the food.
Haha yep those plates were my girlfriend's parents' plates from when they got married, maybe 1973?:D. They gave them to us when we got together, along with some other household items. Her dad also gave me his 60s rock record collection too!

That looks very delicious...........except for those nasty baby cabbage. Don't get me wrong, I love cabbage. Brussel sprouts, NO WAY!
Haha I’m the exact opposite. I love Brussels sprouts but hate cabbage haha! My girlfriend loves the stuff!!

I’d think smoke first then put in the crock pot just for the reason that a fully slow cooked chicken would fall apart trying to move to the smoker. Looks delicious though.

Back