Continental Extreme Contact Sports

They can do one more track day :)
They would work well at this point! I never used them on track but have them to put on for rain if it happens. The 200s suck in the rain....in Dec we had rain at VIR and I just used my PS4 all seasons....worked fine actually.

Ordered. Tough decision between 235/40/18s (like I had) or moving to a 245/40/18. Interesting that the 245 Continental is the same dimension as the 235 Michelin PSAS4 except only for the height, it's 0.2" taller...same section and tread widths. Stayed with the 235s that are a touch smaller than my all seasons. Also, 245 was cheaper and same weightas 235! Did the certificates, I got him to knock it down to just over a hundred bucks for the 4, I beat on these so why not. Also will sign up for Continental's "Total Confidence Plan" b/c it's free and why not.

Also will sign up for Continental's "Total Confidence Plan" b/c it's free and why not.
Thanks for that. I have 4 new TrueContact Tour going on sons car in a week or two. "new" as in black friday specials and $220 rebate. Sitting since then since he has VikingContact 7 for winter.

They would work well at this point! I never used them on track but have them to put on for rain if it happens. The 200s suck in the rain....in Dec we had rain at VIR and I just used my PS4 all seasons....worked fine actually.
I would run them one day. My Yokohama look similar like those, will trash them in May sometimes and then probably get Kenda! 😂

I might go back with the Extreme Contact Sports when my Michelin AS4's wear out. I have dedicated snows, and the AS4's are great for the in between season days we have, but I'm no longer driving my 100+ mile commute like previously, and the Michelins while they grip well for an A/S just have that little buzz at certain speeds the Conti's didn't have.

Got my new set installed at Discount Tire today. Went out and got them hot...70 deg F here today. These are so good braking/cornering. Will be cold a few more nights down into the lower 30s but I'll just keep my car in the garage those nights...spring is basically here! These are 235/40/18s mounted on 18x8.5 et 43 wheels and I'm running 10/15mm spacers (front/rear, respectively). Could have done 245/40s as well...they were the same dimensionally (section/tread width) as my 235/40 Michelin PS4 all seasons but a few tenths taller so I just stayed with the 235s.

20240320_130126.jpg
20240320_144018.jpg

Update is...these are killer. The end.
I see the D and W.....where's the S :unsure: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

Nice looking ride/rims/tires.

My 90+% daily drives don't go anywhere that even gets to enjoy responsive handling, or speed. My son's car got his new Conti TrueContact Tours installed today. The other 3 also got their respective 3 seasons.

825 miles so far, down 1/32" to 9/32"...haha

Back