Container or funnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is for the guys that put fuel additives is before filling up with gas. Some people use acetone, or MMO, or whatever. For the people that mix their own stuff or buy in bulk... what methods have you found for transporting, measuring, and pouring into the tank?

Now for a while i was using the little Lucas UCL bottles, but I was curios what others have come up with.

The label says to add to a near empty tank and fill up with gas. Implying, you should add the additive at the gas station right before you fill up. I added PEA to a full tank and it seemed to work fine. It will mix as you drive.

Originally Posted by Leo99
The label says to add to a near empty tank and fill up with gas. Implying, you should add the additive at the gas station right before you fill up. I added PEA to a full tank and it seemed to work fine. It will mix as you drive.

It will mix as you drive, that is true. Read the question again and try to give a relevant answer
wink.gif

sometimes the bottle is already the right shape. Sometimes you have to tear the front cover off a glossy magazine and rol, it into a cone shape. Sometimes i use a 1 gallon fuel can to mix up a batch of additive and use the filler spout that came with the can to add it to the tank.
Once in the past when inspecting the inside of a sligtly rusty fuel tank i dumped the additive through the inspection hole beneath the rear seat.

Having a routine doesnt always work, sometimes you just have to improvise.

Get yourself an old , empty bottle of "Stabil". Mix up your concoction and funnel it into the empty Stabil bottle.
It has the dosage applicator already included in 1 ounce increments making it real easy to disperse as needed before you fill up.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back