Collinite over Klasse?

About to clean the tree sap off my cars, i have been using klasse sealant. I know you can wax over after about 24 hrs. Anyone use the collinite 885 marine on cars? If its not a cleaner wax, it should work well over sealant, right?

I believe it is a cleaner wax. Collonite 885 Fleetwax.

Reading it again, i think you are right.

Is there a good wax i could use over the klasse, that won't remove it? I just want something slick over the sealant to keep the sap from sticking so badly. I live in a heavily wooded area, i have to use acetone to get the sap off, nothing else will remove it, and there is a lot of sap!

Reading it again, i think you are right.

Is there a good wax i could use over the klasse, that won't remove it? I just want something slick over the sealant to keep the sap from sticking so badly. I live in a heavily wooded area, i have to use acetone to get the sap off, nothing else will remove it, and there is a lot of sap!

There are a lot of choices but since you mentioned Collonite, maybe their PHD 520 would work? It’s fairly new from Collonite.

Isn’t Collinite 845 Insulator Wax a wax only and not a cleaner? Love the stuff: very durable and easy to apply.

Thanks! I'm also looking at the 476s double coat. Would that be okay as well, or just use the 845?

I thought i would try the collinite 476s Double Coat. I used it on the Hyundai over the Klasse. And on the CX-5 without Klasse. The Mazda is in the garage, but the elantra is out in the rain.
Wow this stuff really beads! Will see how long it lasts. If it lasts, I'm a new collinite fan. I did learn pretty quick not to let it completely dry. Do one panel at a time and its not bad. If you let it dry completely, its a bear to get off, lightly dried, no problem, using a cotton cloth.

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_211355749.jpg
    IMG_20200813_211355749.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200813_211408980.jpg
    IMG_20200813_211408980.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200813_211432656.jpg
    IMG_20200813_211432656.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Are you using the Klasse twins (AIO then SG) or just the AIO? If just the AIO, use whatever wax you want since the AIO does not have a lot of sealant in it. i is mostly raved for it cleaning ability and it being OK to use on plastic and rubber.

If you have SG on top of AIO and you want a more wet look, Meguiars yellow wax is good, S100, or a spray wax like meguiars ultimate.

Are you using the Klasse twins (AIO then SG) or just the AIO? If just the AIO, use whatever wax you want since the AIO does not have a lot of sealant in it. i is mostly raved for it cleaning ability and it being OK to use on plastic and rubber.

If you have SG on top of AIO and you want a more wet look, Meguiars yellow wax is good, S100, or a spray wax like meguiars ultimate.

I polished it with mequires ultimate polish and then used the Klasse SG, skipping the AIO for the polish, Waited 2 days then the Collinite.

Did you do a wipe down with alcohol before using the SG?

The big thing the AIO is supposed to do is remove old was and oils before applying SG. it lays down a "starter" layer of the sealent in SG to help with adhesion.

M.U.P. has oils in it to help lubricate the pad while polishing and it fill some small fine scratches.. It is best to get rid of this before putting on a sealent or wax so it gets a good bond with the paint.

If you find SG does not hold up as it should (6-12 months) that might be the reason.

Did you do a wipe down with alcohol before using the SG?

The big thing the AIO is supposed to do is remove old was and oils before applying SG. it lays down a "starter" layer of the sealent in SG to help with adhesion.

M.U.P. has oils in it to help lubricate the pad while polishing and it fill some small fine scratches.. It is best to get rid of this before putting on a sealent or wax so it gets a good bond with the paint.

If you find SG does not hold up as it should (6-12 months) that might be the reason.

Thanks, i did not know that. I used the mup then washed the car, i have aio, but did not use it. I did 2 coats of Klasse SG about 8 hours apart, then the collinite a day later.

Next time around, i'll use the aio.

I thought i would try the collinite 476s Double Coat. I used it on the Hyundai over the Klasse. And on the CX-5 without Klasse. The Mazda is in the garage, but the elantra is out in the rain.
Wow this stuff really beads! Will see how long it lasts. If it lasts, I'm a new collinite fan. I did learn pretty quick not to let it completely dry. Do one panel at a time and its not bad. If you let it dry completely, its a bear to get off, lightly dried, no problem, using a cotton cloth.
Update, as of this week, the beading is going away. The wax is about done and needs to be redone. Pretty good to go from august till middle of march. Car is not garaged.

Back