College Football Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I'm surprised Alabama wasn't in the playoffs.

Oklahoma was embarrassed against a much better LSU team.

I hope Clemson can win their next game.

If QB Joe Burrow plays like that OSU game - again in January, no way Clemson can come within 10-14 points of beating LSU. Joe was so impressive in that OSU game. I haven't seen a college QB completely control a game like that, not since former SF 49er great QB Joe Montana played for Notre Dame. Just about every completion by Burrow was right in the receiver's bread basket. Often times, Joe's throws were on the run, thrown off the wrong foot. unbalanced body throws....etc

Ironic that upon editing my post, I realized both QBs are named Joe.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by grampi
Yep, old topic. Just bringing it up again to make a point. Like I said, OSU is always over ranked and this season was no exception...

Until the game with Clemson I actually thought it might have been Clemson - who didn't really face any of the challenges that OSU faced through the season - that might have been overrated. As much as I hated to, I became a reluctant believer (again this year) after OSU went through some impressive Big 10 teams.

I am really looking forward to watching LSU - Clemson for free; but I'd pay to see LSU versus the Cincinnati Bengals. :^)

I don't envy the job of the Committee - my place second-guessing them is much, much easier - but I would 100% have given Alabama or Georgia the #4 spot over Oklahoma.

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Yep, old topic. Just bringing it up again to make a point. Like I said, OSU is always over ranked and this season was no exception...

Until the game with Clemson I actually thought it might have been Clemson - who didn't really face any of the challenges that OSU faced through the season - that might have been overrated. As much as I hated to, I became a reluctant believer (again this year) after OSU went through some impressive Big 10 teams.

I am really looking forward to watching LSU - Clemson for free; but I'd pay to see LSU versus the Cincinnati Bengals. :^)

I don't envy the job of the Committee - my place second-guessing them is much, much easier - but I would 100% have given Alabama or Georgia the #4 spot over Oklahoma.

I don't know how tough OSU's schedule was this year...did they play any top 10 ranked teams? I do know that LSU beat 5 top 10 ranked teams...now THAT'S a tough schedule!

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
LSU is going to make an example of Clemson.

I think LSU could play every team in the top 10 this season and beat them all by at least 2 TDs...that's how good they are!

did they play any top 10 ranked teams? I do know that LSU beat 5 top 10 ranked teams...

I don't recall how Wisconsin was ranked in either of their matchups, nor PSU. I think Michigan was 13 at the time?
now THAT'S a tough schedule!

You ain't kiddin'. I'll say it again: I'd like to see them against the Cincinnati Bengals or Detroit Lions.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/99/lsu-tigers

Hello Coach Grampi! You sure were right about OSU getting destroyed in the playoffs!! That Clemson really destroyed OSU didn't they? Now for most of us that was a great game 29 to 23. It went down to the last minute of play. You sure know your stuff! I ate that crow and then some! WOW!! I'm sure you thought that game was a blowout like you said.

So, Coach Grampi where should those over ranked OSU buckeyes be rated? About 20th or 25TH? No doubt behind MIchigan that pre season Big Ten favorite that was to win the Big Ten and go to the playoffs ahead of OSU. I'm sure you that know more than all of the college coaches would know where they belong. ( maybe outside of the top 25!) After all, your advise trumps all of the college coaches. Us mere mortals are waiting.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
LSU is going to make an example of Clemson.

I think LSU could play every team in the top 10 this season and beat them all by at least 2 TDs...that's how good they are!

The line on LSU has gone from 3 points to 6 so a LOT of money is being placed on LSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back