Coffee - Your Current Brew

View attachment 209922View attachment 209923

This coffee has been a real challenge for me. I loved it in HI with a simple drip system, and it was decent in the Keurig - but other method - especially pourover were not working. I started messing with grind, going coarser and coarser. FINALLY, VERY coarse brewed like tea and made a really good cup! Is this because the beans are so very lightly roasted? Variety of bean??
Might want to pass it through one of these … after all - it made the bucket list (and I did laugh until I cried) 😜

IMG_2221.jpeg

Did you know when a cowboy wanted a cup of coffee? He had to buy green coffee beans and Roast them in a skillet on a campfire. Then grind them just to have a cup of coffee., around 1850 the first one pound coffee bag came out by the Arbuckle Bros.

434391581_8047656605247966_3947749658628337824_n.jpg

1712693890071.jpg

Just switched from Super Crema to this Gold Filtro.
I detect a little chocolate when I use half and half.
Tomorrow I'll go back to milk so I can better compare the two coffees. It seems a good change of pace. I like them both.

Opened a new 2 lb Tim Horton's red bag this morning. It's still my DD of choice. Have never seen any other <$10 lb. coffee that is Arabica hard beans from elevation. When you grind these it is just like premium coffee with little to no dust/Chaffe in the grounds chamber.

Opened a new 2 lb Tim Horton's red bag this morning. It's still my DD of choice. Have never seen any other <$10 lb. coffee that is Arabica hard beans from elevation. When you grind these it is just like premium coffee with little to no dust/Chaffe in the grounds chamber.
I’ve never tried TH.

Heard a lot about it.

Sounds like I need to.

I've found these superautomatic espresso/coffee machines fascinating ever since I frequented our group's HQ in Erbenheim, Germany when I was working. Espresso, double shots, cappuccino if desired...all with the press of a button. That one in our office was a commercial machine with a direct water supply, inline filter, etc...
A few years ago, Tchibo, a German coffee company, came out with a residential market version.

Limited-time deal: Tchibo Single Serve Coffee Maker - Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine - Built-in Grinder, No Coffee Pods Needed - Comes with 2 x 17.6 Ounce Bags of Whole Beans https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZTJQQTT?tag=tvwb-20
It goes on sale frequently for $300.
In researching further, I found this from Whole Latte Love:

Refurbished Gaggia Black Brera Espresso Machine

The compact Gaggia Brera in Black was designed with user convenience in mind. This programmable bean to cup machine delivers perfect espresso every time.

It is $300 for a refurbished and the reviews for the refurbished ones are excellent overall. They are $450 new.

This would sit on the counter of our beach house kitchen where we have a bit of counter space.

I know these machines do not like oily beans so I'd be getting coffee from somewhere besides Costco...although I think the Mayorga Cubano roast Costco carries could be just fine but we're close to several places I can get whole bean coffee from so that's not a concern.

I just ordered the Gaggia Brera silver. $317 delivered. Should be here by the end of the week.

Back