Co workers cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Aero540T
Originally Posted By: bruckus
Here is my boy!!

Is he a Bengal? Love the colors

Yes he is. Bengals are great pets. About as close to a dog as a cat can get. We have 3 of them. This guy follows me everywhere. We have a shower with a place to sit. He will sit in there everyday when i shower. Bengals love water. This guy is 15 years old now and I can't imagine life without him.

We have 4 cats. All sleep inside at night with us or near by. My 25 yr old Norwegian tree cat likes to sit outside on the porch. My black cat showed up at my place out in the boonies as a ferel. My mom got him to trust us. He likes to climb trees in the daytime. He is very agile. He sure can climb up things and jump up on things. The 2 other cats are pretty clumsy.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
That carpet tho...

Yeah, I want to see if the rest of the room matches it? It must be interesting anyways.
My advice is not to get a male that has been weaned to early. Our last two cats have been, and are big annoying sucks, who will literally suck on you if you let them... Bleh!
My childhood cat was a female who was friendly but not to the point of annoyance, smart, fought and hunted well, and lived to be 20. Our previous male lived to be 12 as he stole the other cats food and over ate, the latest one seems to have some self control over food.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
That carpet tho...

Yeah, I want to see if the rest of the room matches it?

Wood paneling ftw!

That cat looks chill and awesome. I say OP should rescue one and spoil the [censored] out of it.

All our cats have been rescue adoptions.

Our current 2 are Spock and Millie.
Spock is 4, has big ears and long legs (similar height to our friends Maine Coons) can reach the table/kitchen counter top without jumping, pretty skinny. Very chatty (will never let me sleep in if he wants feeding), excellent hunter and climber, is a very chilled and playful (bit of a goofball) cat, not overly territorial, so seldom gets in any real fights.
Millie is a mature little lady, was an indoor cat prior to us adopting her (from a friend of a friend who had an unfortunate change in circumstances), so pretty much spends her time sleeping inside or in the sun if outside, can't hunt, and pretty pathetic climber. Loves sitting on things, bags, paper, laps, old pizza boxes, in the car if sun is out.
Spock and Millie are definitely not friends, seldom share the same sofa, but don't mind being in the same room, especially as both like attention from people. Mille is okay with the kids, Spock loves them and often pops up to say good night to them when they are in bed (and getting shut in their rooms for the night).

Originally Posted By: Aero540T
Here is my boy!!

Is he a Bengal? Love the colors

Yes he is. Bengals are great pets. About as close to a dog as a cat can get. We have 3 of them. This guy follows me everywhere. We have a shower with a place to sit. He will sit in there everyday when i shower. Bengals love water. This guy is 15 years old now and I can't imagine life without him.

Bruckus: your cat is gorgeous.

Cats are cool. We got this guy about 8yrs ago. He belonged to a neighbor behind us and was neglected big time! After practically living with us for almost a year and finding out he wasn't a stray, we contacted the owners and they gave him up. He was rough around the edges being mainly an outdoor cat but he came around big time with some love and affection. Sadly, however, he is now diabetic and his time with us is limited. He has been hanging in there for the past couple months but he is getting pretty thin and lethargic lately.
I've had cats all my live and despite the inevitable coming, we/I will be getting another one from
a shelter or the like.

Last edited:
Irv, I have the mini version to your cat, lol.

8kNtkmS.jpg

c5BD7m7.jpg

EDIT: And the other cat in the house not too sure about his big "Brother" that snuck in my room.

KmZxPiP.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
Irv: i like that cats color

Thanks Car51.
11.gif

Like I mentioned earlier, I have had/owned cats since I was a kid but I have never come across nor had one whose fur is as soft as this guys!
Anyone who has ever petted him also says the same thing, even our vet mentions it when we visit.

I am unsure what breed he is other than just cat, but there is something unique about him that is for sure!

Originally Posted By: Delta

c5BD7m7.jpg

EDIT: And the other cat in the house not too sure about his big "Brother" that snuck in my room.

Your second picture could sure pass as being him, Delta! Curious, like I wrote above, does yours have very soft fur? The fur definitely looks similar/same to me

anyways.

Despite our guy coming around and being loving and affectionate, he still retains that outdoor toughness/meanness that he likely acquired while mainly being an outdoor cat.
Our Vet, despite being a good guy is afraid of him of all things.
crackmeup2.gif
He has a toughness/meanness that is also unlike any cat I have ever owned.
The Vet needs welders gloves and a blanket most times to control him as he is getting his shots! I am there with him normally and despite that, he still lashes out viciously. It makes me laugh as one would guess it would be a walk in the park for most vets, but this guy is something else and something the vet normally doesn't have to experience I suppose? Once home, he is back to being an angel.
thumbsup2.gif

Irv - he's super soft as well. Sweet as he can be, but into everything. He's figured out how to get on the fridge and knock off the magnets recently. The other cat has a habit of wanting ice water, but now both are into it. I can't crack an ice cube tray without one running into the kitchen, lol.

Irv - he's super soft as well. Sweet as he can be, but into everything. He's figured out how to get on the fridge and knock off the magnets recently. The other cat has a habit of wanting ice water, but now both are into it. I can't crack an ice cube tray without one running into the kitchen, lol.

There characters aren't they!
crackmeup2.gif

My cat, now that he has been diagnosed with being diabetic, won't drink water unless it is out of the tap. I showed him this years ago when I put him up on the sink as I was brushing my teeth. He did it for awhile but I weaned him off of it as it was becoming a pia.
Since his diagnosis, it's all he ever wants to do so my wife, my son and I are constantly lifting him up to drink out of the tap in our bathrooms. The vet said, with being diabetic, they are literally dying of thirst and need water constantly so with us knowing our time with him is limited accommodate him whenever we can.

8kNtkmS.jpg

c5BD7m7.jpg

KmZxPiP.jpg

Delta, i love your two cats and that dog. The cat looks like "dont try anything buster!" On the dog
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back