Chrysler news

How is that going to sell their stuff.

Hint It isn't

How many years of your salary was spent on making that inspired decision?

Hint, you ain't gonna live that long.

Does the board of directors have a clue.

NOPE!!!

Rod

It is like Ford....How much did they spend to alter all the company documents to change the name from Lincoln to the Lincoln Motor Car Company. As if that would sell additional cars. Marketing types apparently have to do something to "earn" their pay!

It has absolutely nothing to do with marketing. It’s merely the name of the new collective auto group. Just like how it was Daimler-Chrysler, then Chrysler LLC while under Cerberus, then Chrysler Group LLC, followed by FCA, and now Stellantis. Ram will still be Ram, Dodge as Dodge, Jeep will remain Jeep, etc.

Its only at the Corporate level. The consumer won't notice.

Example: "Yum Brands" owns KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, but you never hear of Yum.

It has absolutely nothing to do with marketing. It’s merely the name of the new collective auto group. Just like how it was Daimler-Chrysler, then Chrysler LLC while under Cerberus, then Chrysler Group LLC, followed by FCA, and now Stellantis. Ram will still be Ram, Dodge as Dodge, Jeep will remain Jeep, etc.
Whhhaaaa? Cerebrus owned Chrysler? This explains a lot. I remember when they went through the firearm's industry just WRECKING QA/QC. They became known as a pump-and-dump gutter. Squeeze profits, collapse product, sell company, wash-rinse-repeat.

Whhhaaaa? Cerebrus owned Chrysler? This explains a lot. I remember when they went through the firearm's industry just WRECKING QA/QC. They became known as a pump-and-dump gutter. Squeeze profits, collapse product, sell company, wash-rinse-repeat.
Yep, they tried selling off bits and pieces of the various brands to whoever would buy them, the Pentastar was almost cancelled for Nissan engines, and after ~2 years they dumped all but Chrysler Capital.

BITOG: everything marketing … marketing bad

Naw, more like how much horse power, handling and interior comfort and refinement does marking add to improve the consumer experience?

Marketing is of little value to the consumer. I'd rather see them put the money into making the cars better.

BITOG: everything marketing … marketing bad

What? Naming themselves after a three headed dog that guards the gates of Hell wasn't working?

Its only at the Corporate level. The consumer won't notice.

Example: "Yum Brands" owns KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, but you never hear of Yum.

That's my take on this too.

Business as usual for them with Jeep and Ram brands being their cash cow.

Back