Chevy Suburban on Hollywood walk of fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
File this in the "Now i have seen everything" folder

Would have thought the Crown Victoria would get this first?? But oh well still think its cool as [censored] to see the burb get recognized :head3:

Link to story below:
https://autos.yahoo.com/chevy-suburban-first-inanimate-object-202000635.html;_ylt=AwrC1THXiOtdXEcApQvQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Dave

Originally Posted by PimTac
If I had to pick a car it would be the Bullitt Mustang or the James Bond Aston Martin.

Back to the future DeLorean or KITT

I'm biased on KITT............ cause..............well

I own him
13.gif

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dave

The stats from the article are pretty cool:

Suburban has appeared in 1,765 films over 67 years
Suburban has appeared on television at least once every year since 1956
Suburban has appeared in at least one movie every year since 1960

I'm sure a lot of these, especially in recent times, are paid placement, but it's still kind of fun.

As for the others, the nomination process excludes many of what we would call "iconic" cars. Nominees are required to be in the industry for a specific length of time, so that would exclude a car like the Bullitt Mustang, which was only in a single film. Nomination also requires agreement from the nominees' management team and there is an ongoing maintenance cost of having a star.

Or it could have been recognized because it is the longest lived name plate in automotive history having been in continuous production since 1935. Even through the WWII years. Pretty impressive.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
A Suburban is pretty iconic. Didn't they begin in 1934?

According to Wikipedia, the Suburban debuted in 1933 as a mostly wooden bodied carryall available only to the National Guard and the CCC. It seems it became available to the public in 1935. Interesting stuff. A friend of mine has a 2013 1 ton version 3500.

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Originally Posted by PimTac
If I had to pick a car it would be the Bullitt Mustang or the James Bond Aston Martin.

Back to the future DeLorean or KITT

I'm biased on KITT............ cause..............well

I own him
13.gif

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dave

Awesome car!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by GMguy84
I'm biased on KITT............ cause..............well I own him.
Wow looks great. Nice!
Have you ever got a police ticket for the illegal red lights on the front? You would around here, and KITT wouldn't be able to "talk" his way out of it.

Dave has KITT send hypnotic sound waves into the mind of unsuspecting auto parts store managers' to make them give him cheap or even free oil.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Always liked Burbs. I had a 84,93,05, and 08. Most truck boxes are empty. Might as well throw in some seats and a roof!
laugh.gif

Any other Burb Freaks out there?

Yup. I always sell my pickups and buy Burbs haha. I've had 77, 95, 97, 99, and now I have an 01.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Dave has KITT send hypnotic sound waves into the mind of unsuspecting auto parts store managers' to make them give him cheap or even free oil.

Nah !!!!! No free oil yet, But years ago I did get free Pizza hut pizza if I let manager and crew take a pic with KITT
13.gif

It was a couple of supreme pies. Saved like $45

Dave

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Always liked Burbs. I had a 84,93,05, and 08. Most truck boxes are empty. Might as well throw in some seats and a roof!
laugh.gif

Any other Burb Freaks out there?

Yup. I always sell my pickups and buy Burbs haha. I've had 77, 95, 97, 99, and now I have an 01.

Ya I have had following years in burbs.

00( Stolen)
frown.gif

01 X2 2nd one was a CRAZy good deal
07 LTZ Current burb, I love it, Such a fancy ride !!

Dave

Burb (and derivatives) = ultimate SUV.

20th century family truck that transitioned to a luxury vehicle with an FBI vibe in the 21st, largely unchanged. Eat your heart out Ford Explorer!

Tony Soprano = GMT400 Burb. [censored] yeah!

Last edited:
It's publicity for the all-new next-gen Suburban and Tahoe which get revealed on Tuesday, Dec. 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back