Chevron Supreme 5w30 Noack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know the most recent NOACK for Chevron Supreme 5w30? Is this oil as good as the big names?

The old report on PQIA shows a meh noack. The comparison of the two reports on 5w20s shows a clear improvement, and I imagine the same happened with the rest of their lineup. With Chevron's kicking add packs, I'd not sweat the noack as much. If noack is a concern for your specific engine, I'd be looking at synthetics instead. Why are you sweating it anyway?

Given the price, I speculate about %12 ... lol

I've got lots of Costco supreme 5W and 10W30 in the garage so I'm not against it.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
Given the price, I speculate about %12 ... lol

I've got lots of Costco supreme 5W and 10W30 in the garage so I'm not against it.

A pretty good speculation there man...

Being the Havoline Pro DS meets Dexos1 Gen 2 it has to be less than 13 percent. And I believe your 12 percent speculation is fairly accurate.

I like Chevron Supreme ... Our 2014 2.4L DI says use QS but I used to feed it CS for many years. I have now upgraded to synthetic and switch between PP and M1 EP. Another old car gets cs 10Wx30. Another old car gets cs 5Wx30.

recently I've been reading a lot of good posts about QS and ST ...i think QS maybe more of a syn-blend than CS meaning more % of syn in the mix than CS but that's purely speculation on my part. My 5Wx30 CS doesn't even say syn-blend on the jug but it says so on their website!I
Maybe you need to have certain % to advertise on the jug! idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back