Chevron Complete Fuel System vs Gumout Complete Fuel System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both products can be found at WalMart easily. Gumout is cheaper at $4+ vs Chevron at $10 ish.

Which has more PEA?

This one.

61nvVLXxOGL._SX425_.jpg

Originally Posted by csandste
Usually buy Techs in cause it's often on sale at Costco. In my experience Gumout works as well.

If I remember correctly, the one on sale as a pack of 6 at Costco is a lower concentration of PEA compared to Walmart sold 'Complete Fuel System Cleaner'.

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn
Originally Posted by csandste
Usually buy Techs in cause it's often on sale at Costco. In my experience Gumout works as well.

If I remember correctly, the one on sale as a pack of 6 at Costco is a lower concentration of PEA compared to Walmart sold 'Complete Fuel System Cleaner'.

That's changed, it's two large bottles of the real stuff now. Passed on the injection cleaner.

Last edited:
At my Walmart..

Gumout All In One- $8 - Treats 18-35 Gallons
Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner $5- Treats up to 15 gallons

However at O'Reillys

Redline Si-1 $15 - "one bottle treats up to 100 gallons"

Originally Posted by Malo83
This one.

The question does this actually works better than the highly praises Chevron Complete Fuel System Cleaner?

Originally Posted by painfx
Originally Posted by Malo83
This one.

The question does this actually works better than the highly praises Chevron Complete Fuel System Cleaner?

If you ask Chevron they'd say no. Both products are fine..no doubt Gumout mfgs good cleaners and I use both. But, if the two are equally priced I go with Techron simply because Chevron virtually invented aftermarket PEA use, so they have the advantage of having the most experience (R&D) working with amine fuel addys. I know, not terribly scientific but it works for me.

*Chevron's Techron is also mentioned in TSB's, from what I've seen. In the past they mfg'd Mopars top end cleaner and they currently mfg the Hyundai branded cleaner..fwiw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back