Chevron 10W30 XLE synblend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Available in gallon jugs at WalMart and SN rated, would this oil be ok to run in a 2013 Impala with the 3.6 LFX DI V6 and a 2011 Chevy 1500 with the 4.8 Vortec? Both are out of warranty, the Impala has 185k miles and the 1500 has 167k, they both see mostly highway miles. The owner of the Impala always runs the OLM to 0 and sometimes goes a few hundred miles after it hits 0, the 1500 Ive been changing it every 5-6k miles but I dont see any reason to not run the OLM to 0% now. My only concern, I read an Amsoil article stating that you can use an SN rated diesel oil in a gas engine no problems, but that the additive package for a diesel oil is better suited to the byproducts of diesel combustion, same for a gas oil
the additives are better suited to gas combustion byproducts. Opinions please. I usually run Supertech 5W30 Dexos in both vehicles with the correct Napa Gold filter.

Originally Posted by mobilaltima
The owner of the Impala always runs the OLM to 0 and sometimes goes a few hundred miles after it hits 0

Sounds like you dont want a conventional oil then.

I'd look at a synthetic Dexos oil if you are going to run the oil life monitor to 0 and then "go another couple hundred miles.

Castrol Edge, Mobil 1, Penzoil Platinum, all good options.

If you are cheap, even the Walmart brand Supertech synthetic at $15.xx a jug would be good to go.

There should be no issue. If the Impala has made it this far on who knows what oil past the OLM. The Delo should have the ability to handle the soot from the 3.6. As for you 4.8 you can run that with any oil formulated in the last 20 years to the OLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back