Chev Blazer/GMC Acadia 3.6L ?

Yeah, no kidding.

Since my last post, I've been looking at the cars on my list out in the wild. Out; Buick Enclave and Chev Traverse. In; Cadillac XT-5 sport, Chev Blazer RS and Acadia AT-4 in that order.
It has been a learning curve not looking at pick up trucks for the first time in 20 years.

How would 305 (net) HP in a 4200 lb car compare to the old pony car standard of the late 60s and 1970? The old SBC 350/350 HP in a Camaro for example.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Actually it mentions all kind of changes including the new chain design … but since you signed up here with an agenda it would not matter …

I did not sign up with any agenda. I signed up because I couldn't find a direct answer to a question regarding Fluid Film being safe when applied to chassis and suspension bushings.

I am simply trying to give people my experience and others that I know to give people an idea of what others see in an objective matter, no agenda. A co-worker has a 2019 Traverse that has had shifter issues where it will not allow her to move from Park (no it is not brake position sensor related), some HVAC issues where AC sometimes doesn't work and she has had a couple transmission shifting issues (though so random that the the dealer hasn't been able to track it) and all of this is within 12K of being brand new. Next year she is getting a Highlander for obvious reasons.

There are many issues with this platform. Which sucks because I think it would be a GREAT vehicle if they engineered it correctly, or the bean counters didn't get too involved. I have driven some that are very well maintained and they drive pretty good. I like the interior space, ease of passenger entry and departure, seat comfort, ride quality and quietness (while it lasts) on the interstate and even don't mind the styling. I believe in areas where people only drive them on relatively smooth roads they survive alright. But in the midwest with snow, salt and gravel roads they simply do not survive well.

Originally Posted by userfriendly
Yeah, no kidding.

Since my last post, I've been looking at the cars on my list out in the wild. Out; Buick Enclave and Chev Traverse. In; Cadillac XT-5 sport, Chev Blazer RS and Acadia AT-4 in that order.
It has been a learning curve not looking at pick up trucks for the first time in 20 years.

How would 305 (net) HP in a 4200 lb car compare to the old pony car standard of the late 60s and 1970? The old SBC 350/350 HP in a Camaro for example.

I looked a lot of that up when I bought my CX5 (0-60 in 6.1-6.4, quarter mile 14.6-14.7@93-95mph) for grins.

The 350/351/302 V8 equipped pony cars that were not special edition were typically slower. However, with modern rubber under them, that may well change. You have to take notice when you see mid-7 second 0-60's and trap speeds of near 100mph in some cases.

I would drive a CX5 GT-R or Signature if you're looking at the XT5/Blazer RS family of vehicles. You will get similar raw performance, and better reliability for about $5-10K less. Also consider the Acura RDX.

The poor ol AU nanny isn't sure what side of the road to drive on, never mind giving her a GTR to drive the brats around in.
The grandson has Cadillac DNA account his dad is from Detroit and the other grandfather worked for red ink Rick before the 2008 melt down.

Little known fact, in 1970, you could buy a Canadian built Pontiac GTO with a 454. I saw one in my life in a station wagon looking format, dark orange.

Back