Cheapest option for insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by alarmguy
Anyway... I suggest checking this one AND 3 others of your choosing, if you have been with the same insurance company for more then 5 years, You ARE paying too much.
https://www.esurance.com

LOL...just for giggles, I just looked up my declaration documents and did an apples to apples comparison with my current insurance to a quote I just submitted through l esurance. Esurance was higher by nearly $40/month. I have premium coverage on all my vehicles...including roadside assistance through a well known premier company that I've had for 10+ years. I even still carry full coverage on my 2002 Silverado. My current premium is STILL less than the lowest package esurance offered...with just liability on my Silverado.

Again...proves it is impossible to say what is "cheap" for some will be cheap for others. Way too many variables.

Originally Posted by GoldDot40
Originally Posted by alarmguy
Anyway... I suggest checking this one AND 3 others of your choosing, if you have been with the same insurance company for more then 5 years, You ARE paying too much.
https://www.esurance.com

LOL...just for giggles, I just looked up my declaration documents and did an apples to apples comparison with my current insurance to a quote I just submitted through l esurance. Esurance was higher by nearly $40/month. I have premium coverage on all my vehicles...including roadside assistance through a well known premier company that I've had for 10+ years. I even still carry full coverage on my 2002 Silverado. My current premium is STILL less than the lowest package esurance offered...with just liability on my Silverado.

Again...proves it is impossible to say what is "cheap" for some will be cheap for others. Way too many variables.

^^ Exactly ^^
The ONLY way you know what is cheap is getting quotes, at least three!

Every situation is different for everyone, location, personal and family history, even how much the insurer wants to or not to do business in an area.
Its impossible to know and why .. (you dont mention your insurance company in this post, please share!)
(ok one last time) LOL
I constantly say and repeated throughout this thread, if you are someone who looks for the best price on things that you buy, insurance is no different, its a product that serves a function and you need to get quotes from multiple companies all the time, at least 3 plus your current!

Never would I say esurance is the last stop or must have insurance, much like I would never tell someone which gas for their vehicle they must buy, I would say, low price wins!
Heck, I thought just yesterday I was going to get lucky with another company, but didnt. Again, I switch on a dime, loyal to no one same as I am not loyal to any brand of gasoline. My esurance policy just renewed literally days ago and I was ready to cancel it days later when I thought another company was going to beat them, had my credit card out, but they didnt beat it, rats! *L*

I figure I work shopping around an hour or two a year getting quotes on all my insurance needs for my home and vehicles from at least 3 different companies. Chances are it is more then that.
In return, I get paid hundreds of dollars an hour in pay for it, because that is my savings for the year. With that said, I am really down to the bone years later and can no longer get those savings because my rates are so low, BUT in reality I do still make that money, because I do have to switch at any price increase from any current company.

(BTW) I carry quite robust liability policies across the board, boat, bikes, cars with robust under and noninsured coverage plus home ins.
and, most all these are with a variety of different companies, didnt I say LOL low price wins?
Even with multi vechicle/home/bike/boat discounts they tell you that you are getting, I normally do better without multi vehicle and home coverage and end up not packaging my policies with one company and go with all different companies, MOST times.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by grampi
If you or either of your parents are a vet, you would qualify for USAA...no other company can touch their rates or service...

This was once true.

But, USAA was charging me $4,000/year for several cars, and several drivers.

GEICO charges me $1,700/year. Same cars, same drivers.

My last claim with USAA was in 2006. Horrible experience, horrible service. Undervalued my car by 50%, half of KBB, half of Edmunds, half of what I could borrow from USAA Savings Bank to buy that car . Totaled it, instead of fixing it, left me without a car.

"Superior service" is their claim. Calling me "Captain" on the phone is nice, but meanwhile, they're charging me more than double and cheaping out on a claim. That is NOT superior service and is NOT a good value.

Be very careful with USAA. They've lost their way.

I've had just the opposite experience with them. When my wife totaled her van earlier this year, USAA paid us more than the van was worth. And like I mentioned earlier, we have lower premiums with them than we'd get from other companies...I pay $105 a month for full coverage on one of our vehicles, and liability on the other...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back