Certain website access issues.

This leaves us at something on your computer interrupting the connections.

I just found this thread and haven't really read it over well - please forgive if this has been brought up:

What if OP's ISP is assigning IP addresses that are in some way funky; ie. running afoul of someone's blacklist "deny" list or not meshing with some less-than-accurate geolocation technology? Could a security application present on OP's system be a proxy that is getting denied or buggering up TLS?

That's pretty far fetched. He's able to hit these sites on other machines behind his router so that's not the problem.

Get rid of SmartByte. Pointless and useless.

McAfee WebAdvisor and Webroot SecureAnywhere are legit programs but they are from competing security companies so who knows how they are interacting with each other in the background. Disable or remove them both for the time being while you test.
McAfee was what came with the computer when I bought it but I had just renewed Webroot on my old computer so I removed it from the old computer and put it on this computer. I disabled McAfee when I got this computer but I will remove it.

What is SmartByte?

Get rid of SmartByte. Pointless and useless.

McAfee WebAdvisor and Webroot SecureAnywhere are legit programs but they are from competing security companies so who knows how they are interacting with each other in the background. Disable or remove them both for the time being while you test.

This. Remove all three of those and see if your issue persists. I'd leave SmartByte off the computer period, if the problem goes away, re-install Webroot and see if it returns.

This. Remove all three of those and see if your issue persists. I'd leave SmartByte off the computer period, if the problem goes away, re-install Webroot and see if it returns.
I have removed both McAfee and SmartByte. I left Webroot for the time being just to see if removing these two items made a difference. So far I have been able to access my credit union account tab as well as the one newspaper website that was not letting me in. I will check both throughout the day to see if I'm still able to access them.

If it continues, I will remove Webroot to see if that helps.

The funny thing is that since you guys have been trying to help me resolve this issue, I have not had any issues accessing this website. I'm not sure what that is about.

This computer also has Windows Defender on it. What do I need to do with it? In the past I have disabled it with no results. It is currently enabled.

I have removed both McAfee and SmartByte. I left Webroot for the time being just to see if removing these two items made a difference. So far I have been able to access my credit union account tab as well as the one newspaper website that was not letting me in. I will check both throughout the day to see if I'm still able to access them.

If it continues, I will remove Webroot to see if that helps.

The funny thing is that since you guys have been trying to help me resolve this issue, I have not had any issues accessing this website. I'm not sure what that is about.

This computer also has Windows Defender on it. What do I need to do with it? In the past I have disabled it with no results. It is currently enabled.

You can leave defender alone. Keep us posted.

Reactions: wtd
You can leave defender alone. Keep us posted.
So far I'm still able to access the two sites I mentioned this morning that were giving me issues. I will see what happens for the next few days.

I want to thank you as well Bottom_Feeder and anyone else that has gave suggestions on this problem. It has been greatly appreciated. I also learned some computer related things that I did not know previously.

So far I'm still able to access the two sites I mentioned this morning that were giving me issues. I will see what happens for the next few days.

I want to thank you as well Bottom_Feeder and anyone else that has gave suggestions on this problem. It has been greatly appreciated. I also learned some computer related things that I did not know previously.

You are very welcome!

Reactions: wtd

You're welcome but OVERKILL did the heavy lifting here so kudos to him.

You're welcome but OVERKILL did the heavy lifting here so kudos to him.
You both were of great help and you suggested which programs to remove and look at so what you suggested seemed to do the trick since so far, I have not had any issues getting into the sites that were giving me problems. I appreciate it.

Back