Castrol Edge Professional LL IV FE 0/20, 9472 miles, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4t (TAN, TBN, PC)

Jetta19,097.jpg

Filter is here: [Cut Open] Volkswagen 04E 115 561 H (9,472 Miles)

Although not the best VW508.00 results i've seen, not a terrible report either since this is still breaking-in. Hopefully Iron begins trending in the other direction. What's the current fill and are you planning on sticking with ~10K?

Last edited:
Oil looks good and held it's viscosity well. Not impressed with the upward trend in iron numbers but the engine is simply too new.

Never have been a Castrol fan.

Though blackstone could be onto something with the "spirited driving" by Mrs Shirley Muldowney-DuckRyder.

I this better oil in it

No
Never have been a Castrol fan.

Though blackstone could be onto something with the "spirited driving" by Mrs Shirley Muldowney-DuckRyder.

I this better oil in it
No need to rub it in. So you're not a Castrol fan, that's neither here nor there. I don't think another brand of engine oil in this grade would have really made a difference.

Fe numbers are relatively insignificant until you get up to ~ 150 ppm per Doug Hillary, a bonafide BITOG expert from the old days. Look for trends in successive OCIs, other factors being fairly constant.

No

... I don't think another brand of engine oil in this grade would have really made a difference.

Well I suppose we will see in about 8000 more miles.

though I might point out that the factory fill did not appear to be this oil and was arguably better.

Well I suppose we will see in about 8000 more miles.

though I might point out that the factory fill did not appear to be this oil and was arguably better.
I don't think the oil you're referring to, pray tell whatever it is, would do any better. You would be hard pressed to prove as much. No I'm not a Castrol fan boy at all but to claim that another oil would do better, don't think so.

I don't think the oil you're referring to, pray tell whatever it is, would do any better. You would be hard pressed to prove as much. No I'm not a Castrol fan boy at all but to claim that another oil would do better, don't think so.

Im not sure why you have decided that what you think is Germaine to my oil but to dispel the misconception, I really do not care what you think.

Oil stayed in grade and held up well. Unfortunately, Blackstone is not the best lab for good insight into what is going on. I'd want to see Fe fall in time. What oil replaced it?

Back