Cardboard to prevent ice on windshield

Status
Not open for further replies.
javascript:quickReply(5274713,1,0)

This right here^^^^^^ I used to have a square body for my race to work truck. I wired an outlet from the block heater into the cab and had a Pelinus ceramic heater mounted to the floor. Mmm that was nice. Had a timer on the outlet that turned both the block and cab heat on at 3 am. Then once at work every one had their own outlet post. Ran it all day

Originally Posted by madeej11
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by earlyre
last week we had our first real snow of the year, during the day, I used my trusty windshield cover in the parking lot @ work, couple spots over I actually saw someone had their floor mats on the windshield..held down by their wipers...

Not what I'd do but I guess that works too.. you can always toss them in the wash/dry once you get home I suppose.

Maybe they were rubber mats. Rubber would be a lot better, more likely to cling to the windshield.

Nope... Well.. one side was rubber.. the underside, which was facing out.. the carpet was on the glass...

I remember once when I had ice on my windshield. It was so cold I wrote my name on the windshield with my finger and took a picture. I also remember thinking about the 5w30 I had put in a month before instead of the required 5w20. I had to run the defrost on high heat for about five minutes that morning too, driving to work shivering thinking about calling in sick that day.

The next day I parked in the garage, problem solved.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by racer44
Google Frost Guard I have one and love it. Has elastic straps that wraps around the side mirrors to hold in place and covers the whole windshield.

I"ve had both the tuck in the doors and the straps and the straps are the way to go, love mine and use it all the time. I fits both my Lucerne and Sierra. The only issue is if it's really windy i won't use it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back