Can my Extended Warranty company cancel my policy after paying out over $18,000?

Originally Posted by 4WD
Interesting … so safe to say the chassis did suffer from an off road excursion … but what in your mind just failed on the car because of how it's made … ?

To be honest, I just feel I was unfortunate to buy one that just came plague with tons of problems. Either from factory or from abuse from the last owner. So, I am just dealing with the headaches the car is giving. But the only good thing is a lot of things have been fixed though it never stops!

You know how I can ask you to please name any make and model of any car and I can find someone who swears they will never buy that car again in their lifetime because it gave then nothing but headaches since they bought it. I kind of find myself with one of those cars because this car has not treated me so well with its list of problems and exorbitant maintenance cost so far.

Note to self, an extended warranty for a Infinity will not pay repairs to Infinity. However if repairs continue for Infinity, do not keep Infinity for Infinity.

Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada
Originally Posted by gathermewool
OP got you all. No way this story is true!
Trolling.gif

I don't know what exactly you mean, but just in case you can read and understand, here is my link of DETAILED MAINTENANCE on my QX. And if you can read it all, you will see for yourself I did not start details about my QX todsay. I started it BEFORE I flew to New York to buy this rig.

My extended warranty has paid about $20,000 to repair my QX. I don't have time for games.

Maintenance thread on my 2012 Infiniti QX56...

And just in case you want to see my road trip blog when I flew to buy this QX and drive 1,200 miles back to Texas, here it is...

Buying my QX in New York and driving 1,200 back to Texas in 2016...

I don't waste my time to tell stories that are not true. Or will you also tell me that I have not taken my suv every year for the last 4 years on a yearly road trip? Or do you mean to tell me I do not have warranty on my suv? I truly do not understand what you said. If you could be specific.

Relaaaax, I was just messing around, since your story is so ridiculous.

Not going to comment on OP's warranty or vehicle, but the wife and I are planning a trip to the San Juans next summer, so I'm definitely going to look at your trip report in more detail. I'd imaging our XTerra can go at least everywhere your luxury barge did!

Originally Posted by Anduril
Not going to comment on OP's warranty or vehicle, but the wife and I are planning a trip to the San Juans next summer, so I'm definitely going to look at your trip report in more detail. I'd imaging our XTerra can go at least everywhere your luxury barge did!

Have you ever been the San Juan mountains? If yes, good. If no, then be prepared to be wowed! You will love it.

Have you ever taken you Xterra on some hardcore trails? Are you scared of heights? The trails I have taken my SUV on in the San Juan mountains are rated easy to moderate. Not too difficult but there are dead dropping cliffs on the trails. So, tread lightly and enjoy.

I encourage you to totally take the trip. You will love Ouray and Telluride, especially if it is your first time.

Do you like crowds? Then go during the FJ Cruiser Summit like me. I enjoy seeing the small town super busy. That is when I go. The town is packed to capacity. Trails are busy and you know if you have a flat or a problem on the trail, it takes only a few minutes for another vehicle to show up and they usually are so helpful because guess what? 90% of the 4x4s there during the FJ Summit have all kinds of crazy recovery tools on their vehicles that they never ever use. So, people are truly happy and willing to use their brand spanking new tools to help stranded people.

If you go when the Summit is not going on, the town is a lot more quiet and low key and you can enjoy the trails without much crowds.

These are some of my nice pictures from me beating my SUV hard this year offroading. My other blogs have other pictures from other years. Please, do read my blogs and I truly hope they help you with some suggestions to plan and enjoy your trip better than my own road trip. Most of these trail pictures were taken with my Mavic Pro 2.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Note to self, an extended warranty for a Infinity will not pay repairs to Infinity. However if repairs continue for Infinity, do not keep Infinity for Infinity.

+1...‚...‚...‚

Finally got my SUV back today from dealership and immediately hit the road on a weekend road trip.

My extended warranty paid $250 for repairs to reseal my leaking oil pan. I paid $109 ($100 deductible plus $9 for a new filter for an oil change they did). Too bad my last oil change of very good Shell Truck oil plus a K&N filter lasted about 1,000 miles only before the dealership just drained it and threw it away and put new fluid in my suv.

I have bought a couple fluids to do some work on my QX any day from today, when I have time.
I bought Amsoil dot 3&4 brake fluid, which is a dot 5.1 fluid to bleed my brakes. I don't know if any body has ever replaced their dot 3 brake fluid with dot 5m2, but that is what I plan to since the Amsoil fluid I just bought is a dot 5.1 brake fluid. We will see how it turns out. Then bought fluid for front differential and 2 quarts if oil for the transfer case. I will do the work when I have time. Any time soon.
Too bad my warranty runs out in about 800 miles. I thought I had longer before it runs out.

Originally Posted by Anduril

I just saw this that I wanted to share with you but missed to include in the other pics I shared with you.

If you do go and have a way to also visit this, you will enjoy this also. But sadly this is like in the middle of nowhere. Of you drive to the bottom of it, it is like good 2 to 3 miles of undulating dirt road. And if you are lucky, you might find this carcass, if it has not gotten rotten away by them and disappeared.

Shiprock, NM. You will find this rock called Shiprock and others like it but this is just the most popular and most visited. All pictures taken with my drone.

Last edited:
See if you can find my SUV at the base of this gigantic mountain in the small "cul de sac" in the middle of the picture. That is how small you will see yourself when at the foot of this gigantic mountain.

This is not a criticism against you or your specific vehicle, but why are all the newer Infiniti SUVs so ugly on the outside? I've been inside them and ridden inside them and they are nice but from the outside they are so ugly!

I could do without all the decals but to each his own. I kinda like the looks of the OP's ride.

Originally Posted by dogememe
This is not a criticism against you or your specific vehicle, but why are all the newer Infiniti SUVs so ugly on the outside? I've been inside them and ridden inside them and they are nice but from the outside they are so ugly!

I wish I could provide an answer to why you think they are so ugly outside. But I seriously do not have an answer for that question.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For example;

You may marry your wife because she is so hot and beautiful to you but someone else may say that is one ugly woman. Why among all women would you marry such a woman?

But little do they know that she is VERY beautiful to you, she is the love of your life and she is an excellent wife, cook and mother to your kids. While the person asking may have a wife who he thinks is hot but maybe she gives him all kinds of [censored]. Hates his mother, is lazy and all she does is swipe their credit cards and keep them in accruing debt, while she sleeps with their next door neighbor when he is on his "business" trips.

So, as for the Infiniti, since we are just consumers and not part of the design team, we decide if we like the SUV or not before purchase.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I could do without all the decals but to each his own. I kinda like the looks of the OP's ride.

It is my love for Rally cars that made me think up a theme for my car on my road trips. I have been doing this every single year for the last 4 years each time I am about to take my SUV on any major road trip that I will be gone for more than 14 days.

It cost me $50 at the decal shop. I come up with my design and I take it to the shop. He cuts the stickers and installs it for me. I pay him $50 and leave. I get home, I add my roof rack and my cb radio antenna to connect my cb. I am off on my road trip!

On all my road trips, I have had amazing compliments about how it looks and some people even asking me for permission to take pictures next to my car. I say feel free. It has also been a great conversation starter too with complete stranger's who call me Mr. Bond. To which I respond I am undercover and they should not blow my cover. Even at the Infiniti dealership, they knew my car car before I came recently with the lights in the grill that they called the manager to come and see. They said that was pretty cool. Besides, the shop that installed the large lights in my grill gave me that idea, I never wanted them to do that but it turned out truly awesome.

So many people even at the dealership have said they truly love the look and how aggressive it is. Not that I needed their approval because since it is my car, I am hoping it means I am free to do whatever I want to it, as long as I like it.

The good thing about my decals is after my road trips and I get home, it takes me 30 minutes to completely take off all the stickers. I also take off my roof rack and cb antenna because it cannot fit in my garage with those on. So, after 30 minutes, I can park my car here and you will definitely not know I had any of those things on it. That is why I love my decals and will always do them if I feel a need for them on a road trip. I got a lot of compliments especially when I drove my SUV through Canada on my 2017 best road trip of my life! I wonder if I will ever top that. I personally go often and read that my road blog. It was an amazing road trip and the best I have ever been on in my lifetime so far. I have a job that it is hard to be off, so to be off for that trip was truly an achievement.

Here is a link to my blog of my 2017 road trip which is the best road trip in my life so far...

2017 Road trip USA-CAN-USA! My best road trip ever!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by panthermike
The prices for these repairs seems insane!

You are not lying. That is why I have always thought my Extended Warranty would just drop me like a hot potatoes even before my contract us up. But they are still paying. So, I am not calling them for any reason whatsoever.

I will not lie, if I had seen a blog like this where someone had spent so much on repairs, I would never have bought this car.

Though I have a hate and love relationship with this car, I truly do like my SUV. But I will never buy another Infiniti SUV, but if I do sell this car to buy another 4x4 SUV, it will be the Nissan Armada, which I have owned 2 before.

Originally Posted by madRiver
How many ($100) trips to dealer for the $18k?

I don't have a precise number, but a good estimate would be about 6.

To be honest, this suv does fit the description someone said on here saying "it has been a money pit!".

This is how I calculate it, which ends up looking insane but I am not letting it go away yet.

Length of ownership so far: 3 years 8 months.
Cost of warranty: $3,700 (I add it because I could have said no to warranty buy was kind of forced to buy it. Thank God I bought it).
Approximate warranty claim payments to dealership: $20,000! Yes, you read it right.
Cost to me of deductible and payments of things warranty did not cover: $6,000

$3,700 + $20,000 + $6,000 = $29,700.

And to be honest, I think I can round up that amount to be $30,000.

This car has cost $30,000 in maintenance in 3 years 8 months.

Yes, that is a money pit. I agree.

But I do like and enjoy my SUV, so I am keeping the car until I feel it is ok to part ways with each other.

Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada
The prices for these repairs seems insane!

You are not lying. That is why I have always thought my Extended Warranty would just drop me like a hot potatoes even before my contract us up. But they are still paying. So, I am not calling them for any reason whatsoever.

I will not lie, if I had seen a blog like this where someone had spent so much on repairs, I would never have bought this car.

Though I have a hate and love relationship with this car, I truly do like my SUV. But I will never buy another Infiniti SUV, but if I do sell this car to buy another 4x4 SUV, it will be the Nissan Armada, which I have owned 2 before.

I own an Armada now and absolutely love it! And I can relate on the aftermarket warranty, my truck is currently getting a new motor and thanks to my warranty, I'm only paying $100 instead of close to $8000 ...€

I own an Armada now and absolutely love it! And I can relate on the aftermarket warranty, my truck is currently getting a new motor and thanks to my warranty, I'm only paying $100 instead of close to $8000 ...€

Good for you! It is always a good thing if a warranty can pay to replace your engine.

What year is your Armada? How many miles on it? How long have you had it before you are now needing a new engine under warranty?

The reality is more warranty paid out:

$18k - $600(6 visits) - $3700 = $13,700

The $18k is fishy to me, almost like dealer was inflating work knowing warranty would pay.

$6000 out of pocket repairs is insane money to spend in repairs over 3 years on a truck with under 150k miles.

Back