Can a Vacuum Fill device also remove coolant?

I purchased one of those Coolant Vacuum Fill devices (see pic below).
Was watching videos on how to use it and was wondering why can't I use it to "suck" the coolant from the system?
Seems that while it's pulling the vacuum, it will dispense whatever is in there out the evac tube. (see pic)
Reason I want to do this is that it's a royal pain to drain the coolant from my 2003 Porsche 911. I'd rather not remove 6 different hoses and two drain bolts. 17 yr old car and all that...

Also, when you pull the vacuum and some hoses "collapse", that seems problematic cuz if the hoses are old, that may cause them to fail. I guess better they fail in the garage.

gauges.JPG

It would come out a high velocity and aerated, making a huge mess. You couldn’t catch it.

You could try a sealed container between the Vacuum Venturi and the cooling system. Use the Venturi to pull a vacuum, catch the coolant on the suction side.

But once that coolant hits your venturi, it turns to froth and is accelerated to the airstream velocity....and it’s going everywhere...

It would come out a high velocity and aerated, making a huge mess. You couldn’t catch it.

You could try a sealed container between the Vacuum Venturi and the cooling system. Use the Venturi to pull a vacuum, catch the coolant on the suction side.

But once that coolant hits your venturi, it turns to froth and is accelerated to the airstream velocity....and it’s going everywhere...

Got it! Found a much easier way to drain 6 gals of my 6.5 gals of coolant by just removing one drain plug and one hose.

Back