Camping World Labor Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I took my 24' travel trailer into camping world to get a couple items looked at while I still had some warranty left. They brought up (which I expected since I live in the desert) that some of the sealer/caulking on the roof has cracks and needs repair (not warranty). Being a large man with a dislike for heights, I asked how much for them to perform the work. I was quoted $372.50 an hour for labor and $50 in materials. They said it would take a couple hours to get done so I would be looking at about a $850 bill. Not all the sealer needs to be repaired, just some spots. My main concern is I have not ever heard of a labor rate that high... Plus when I dropped it off I inquired about some work and was told the rate was $130 per hour which is inline with what I thought it would be. Anyone know or understand why I would be quoted almost $400 an hour labor rate?

LOL yes and you can bet $24 an hour or so goes to the person doing the job the rest all goes to Camping World. My feeling is they will be going broke soon or changing their rates.

That is insane. Must be a mistake. Try an independent RV dealer. Nobody would pay that.

Originally Posted by Redright9
Anyone know or understand why I would be quoted almost $400 an hour labor rate?

There will be more than one person working on it.

Bay fees are probably included in that high labor rate.

I had to have a 53 ft trailer with membrane roof sealed up in Oregon. Had just a small leak, but got turned down picking up a load of grass seed. Trailer had to sit over 24 hours while the repair dried, and it was parked in one of their covered bays to protect the repair from the weather. Can't remember how much they charged for the bay fee, but I do remember it was a ridiculous amount.

I wouldn't give Marcus Lemonis one cent after his inability to keep his mouth shut about his politics. Thats a nice way of saying he hates republicans.

Originally Posted by Redright9
Im waiting on a call from my service advisor... we will see his response to this.

Please let us know what they say, many are curious.

I think Mr Marcus has the managers on a perform or else plan. A friends Brother bought a tow bar type thing to tow his driver car behind his motorhome. Out of warranty, Camping World service advisor tells him it can't be fixed- needs a new one@ $1200-. He contacted the mfg & they told him since he was in the area of their factory to bring it by. The Mfg. fixed the "can't be fixed" one for no charge. Camping World = SELL, SELL, SELL
Find an independent RV repair shop

Originally Posted by PimTac
I have always had the impression that if someone quotes you a very high price on anything they don't want the job.

Exactly what I was thinking honestly.. I don't think they want to scrape off caulking... Oh well, i am sure the independent guy wont mind. Should hear back tomorrow, the advisor is out for the day.

Finally got an answer... Took forever for them to call back and clarify. They state the labor rate is $149.95 an hour, and my wife must have miss understood what was said to her... She is pretty smart and can hear well, either way, I am glad its not $400 an hour. What a fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back