California Pizza Kitchen cauliflower crust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had one for dinner (along with a salad). Tastes as good if not better than the regular style. I can't tell it has anything unusual in it. I assumed it would be a healthy change, but reading the box, it has probably just as much fat and calories as the others. Found it at the supermarket marked down for $2.12 a few days ago. Will definitely go back and see if I can grab some more if any are left. And at less than 12oz, it's only enough for one person. 3 servings is bs.

[Linked Image from cpkfrozen.com]

Actually CPK pizza is very good, although the frozen in store isn't as good as when you visit their restaurants...I love their Margherita pizza!

Cauliflower are meant to be for people avoiding carbs. As you saw, it is not necessarily less calories.

But someone limiting their carb intake may be doing so to go into ketosis to burn fat, which has the same outcome as someone limiting calories for weight loss.

In an episode of The Chef Show on Netflix, Robert Rodriguez demonstrated how he makes cauliflower pizza crust at home. I plan on giving it a whirl.

I've tried it and it's actually pretty tasty for a frozen store bought pizza and for those who need to limit their carbs it's a choice

I haven't tried this but cauliflower can be an excellent ingredient for those trying to increase plant intake and enhance the taste of what they consume.

I suspect this is a good pizza. The gluten free pizzas with all those weird flours have a nasty texture, fresh or frozen. I will try a cauliflower crust pizza some day, and this might be a winner. I have found the crusts on standard frozen CPK pizzas to be the best in texture, as far as frozen pizzas goes. Fluffy, doughy pizza crust is for the birds, literally. JMO.

29 grams of carbs per serving with added rice flour, rice starch, and sugar. If you have to avoid wheat, may be an option, but definitely is not low carb. Especially if you have to eat the whole thing to feel satiated, lol.

https://www.cpkfrozen.com/pizza/cauliflower/artisanal-style-cheese?

I love using cauliflower though. Made an Alfredo sauce last night using cauliflower. Was absolutely delicious and never would I think the combo of ingredients would taste good. It was creamy and smooth and my cauliflower-hating daughter scarfed it down with some meatballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back