Cadillac CTS-V 6.2 Supercharged LSA 3k PPP 10w30 Fram Xtra Guard

ALS Labs/Napa results from my CTS-V. I've had this Caddy for almost 4 years, great car, first sample taken. 3,000 miles on the oil. Some track passes and higher speed runs. Generally it sits for a while, then gets run around for 20 fun miles. Only one longer trip (200 miles) on the whole change. Also a good bit of idle time from the random remote startups to let it run 10-15 minutes. I believe the oil was close to 2 years old. No make-up oil was needed. Seems to not burn a drop. This was the previous version of Pennzoil Platinum that Advance Auto clearanced out a while back to make room for the SN Plus.

These Chevy LS engines are known for showing higher wear metals. The lead was the only one I would have liked to seen a tad lower. I am very conscious of making sure the oil is warm before it gets any WOT.

3k is a little early for me to change oil but these engines run rich and burn up alot of fuel and I already had it up in the air for something else, so why not.

I refilled with Joe Gibbs LS30. A 5w30 supposedly made for the LS engine.

I am almost positive there is a bottle of Lubegard Biotech in here. LG didn't seem to improve anything in the other two cars I've sampled that also were running it.

Metals (ppm)
Iron (Fe) 29
Chromium (Cr) Lead (Pb) 8
Copper (Cu) 4
Tin (Sn) Aluminium (Al) 9
Nickel (Ni) Silver (Ag) Titanium (Ti) Vanadium (V) Contaminants (ppm)
Silicon (Si) 9
Sodium (Na) 7
Potassium (K) 1
Additives (ppm)
Magnesium (Mg) 60
Calcium (Ca) 2438
Barium (Ba) Phosphorus (P) 878
Zinc (Zn) 904
Molybdenum (Mo) 180
Boron (B) 49
Contaminants
Water (%) Coolant No
Physical Tests
Viscosity (cSt 100C) 10.5
Physical / Chemical
Base Number (mgKOH/g) 4.2

Checked my notes,

LugeGard Biotech was in that oil. Boron, Moly, Phosphorus are all elevated. TBN 4.2 after only 3000 miles. Not super impressed with PP 10w30 in this application.

It didn’t do bad but Supertech 10w30 synthetic prob would have the same or better results.

Checked my notes,

LugeGard Biotech was in that oil. Boron, Moly, Phosphorus are all elevated. TBN 4.2 after only 3000 miles. Not super impressed with PP 10w30 in this application.

How much Lubegard and how many quarts of oil?

While not a comment on the UOA , I have seen the cars run at the local drag strip and they certainly have some get up and go

Back