Buying a car services

Yeah I called them and talked directly to the CEO.

They are great guys. Flat fee is $1000 for them to negotatiate and deliver the new car to your house.

Didn't make sense on my Santa Cruz, but if you are buying a more premium car then I would use them all day.

He took my call and answered a few questions, they run a good youtube channel they are great guys.

Thanks for the feed back, not looking to buy a premium car. My distaste is for the whole buying process at dealers.

Thanks for the feed back, not looking to buy a premium car. My distaste is for the whole buying process at dealers.
I used carcostcanada.com to get the invoice pricing here in Canada, and it also put me in direct contact with the sales manager at the local subaru dealer. What really sealed the deal to get invoice pricing is that I emailed a large dealer in Toronto, 1.5 hrs away, who wrote he would sell for the invoice price, and showed the local dealer who decided to take the quick and easy sale. I had to say "no" about 8 times to their finance manager selling the extra profit items, and sign a few things to get 1% financing for 3 years.

Another easy way is to find closest volume dealer for the brand you want, get an email quote and then ask the local guys to match or get reasonably close, if no, then go to the volume dealer and buy there, or wait until the end of the month at your local dealer and ask again if they want to sell a car at this price...

How you guys ever used this type of services to purchase a vehicle. I hate going to dealers more than going to a dentist.
2 vehicles ago I bought it via truecar. That was a long time ago and it worked out well. I literally showed up, signed the purchase order - which they had already sent me to read, and drove off.

last vehicle in 2019 I tried truecar and it was higher than an e-price, direct from the dealer, so I went that route. Worked out fine.

Both Costco and AAA have car buying programs. They weren't as good as a direct e-price, but weren't bad last time I checked.

Things may have changed since the pandemic. What car - if we may ask?

I imagine I could sit there for hours and beat the idiots at their own game. I have in the past. Its especially fun when they try to use math to their advantage, but they can't really do math in their head fast enough. But alas, I have better things to do with my time.

Seems like using a realtor.... those guys will present you the "best deal" on a new Detroitus 4500 6.5l 4X4 but if you turn it down you still owe them. Whereas if you were in control you might decide a substitution or delay is more appropriate. Seems like it would work for certain people who get "paralysis of analysis"... you know who you are.

I know that Costco offers the service if you happen to be a Costco member. I also know that USAA used to offer the service, and I helped my mother-in-law buy a new car with it.

You still have to talk to the dealer, but the three dealers in the local area that had the car in which she was interested all called me within about 20 minutes of me filling out the form on usaa.com.

In their initial contact, they were making the offer and had given me the fixed price.

Now one dealer did do a bait and switch, and tried to jack it up, but the other dealers were straight up, stuck with the price they offered, a reasonable price, and she bought the car.

So, my experience with using one of those services, is it gets a lot of the preliminary negotiation out of the way. There’s an agreed to price when you walk in. They are still going to try and upsell you on Services and “paint protection“, and then, of course, the paperwork takes a while.

But the most distasteful part is simply eliminated.

Yikes.

Thankful for my last car buying experience. VW dealer locally didn’t want to come off MSRP, so I shopped around, found one an hour away that would. Agreed to a discounted price over the phone and set up an appointment the next day.

Salesman met us with keys before we even finished parking - test drove it and walked out an hour later with a new car.

No muss, no ridiculous fees or charges, and gave me the financing I wanted (0%APR, oh to be back in 2021).

If you are dreading the experience, call around/email and get an idea of pricing/discounts. You can do most of it online. Set up an appointment and feel free to take as long as you **** please to read and understand costs and financing. Go in knowing your credit, offered rates (including 3rd party rates), and tell the salesman and finance manager “I’ll need some time to read the paperwork” before you sign. Hell ask them to leave while you review.

If you aren’t sure feel free to google on the spot, OR get up and walk out if you feel pressured.

Don’t shop because you need a car today.

That's my service. I've been doing it since 2016.

And here's a link to a study I co-developed called the Long-Term Quality Index. We now have over four million vehicles in our database that have been inspected and appraised all over the USA.

All the best.
Thanks for the link, I'll keep you in mind!

I enjoy buying vehicles but if you don't, good luck with a service, I didn't know there was such a thing.

How you guys ever used this type of services to purchase a vehicle. I hate going to dealers more than going to a dentist.
Look for dealerships that offer no haggle pricing. I worked for a Lexus dealership that did that and they made it easy.

It works for clientele like the op, but the majority of the time you are trading in a fatter discount for convenience (its not a bad trade if dealing and wheeling isnt your thing).

Having said that, these days a quick cursory search of the interwebs, and you can establish a solid discount post fees in under a day while sitting in the comfort of your house. This wont work for those looking for a unicorn, but then again brokers wont be handing out those and i assume op is just looking for a fair and quick transaction.

Back