Burris 5x prism

JHZR2

Staff member
Got a great deal on a used one. For what I paid, it was worth it for the Fast Fire alone, let alone the 5x prism. Its essentially like new...

[Linked Image]

It has the CQ reticle, which can be used for 5.56 and 7.62 NATO. Supposedly it is shockproof, waterproof, and fogproof.

[Linked Image]

Trying to take phone photos through this is pretty challenging. Reviews I saw indicated that eye relief is really short, and it is, and I think thats what makes it a lot harder. Its easy to take photos through, say, an EoTech EXPS-2 or an Aimpoint Pro. That said, the reticle works great with no illumunation, and can do multiple levels of red and green. The green is on highest, the red is on the lowest.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The reflex red dot is small, but it works well. Part of the reason why I bought this (besides a good price), was to get one of these little reflex sights and see what it would be like on a rifle itself, as a super-small, really low profile sight... Plus to use it anywhere else I choose (or have basis to buy a trijicon RMR if I desire). It has three levels of brightness plus an automatic version, and a 3 MOA dot. I personally like full cowiness; of course on the top of a scope there is none, and that's OK. Not sure if I mounted it on the top rail, if it would be too low. Time will tell. But it works well.

[Linked Image]

For reference, the top is the Burris 5x prism on a Sig 716. The bottom is an Aimpoint PRO on a Colt M4. The Sig and the Burris are both big and heavy, but thats good for 7.62.

[Linked Image]

i personally would take the FF3 off and put it on something else. perhaps a pistol. i have 2 burris products. a FF2 and FF3. great company to deal with and lifetime warranty . i probably have over 40k rounds on my Canik /ff3 Carry optics rig and its never missed a beat.

if you want to mount the FF3 on a rifle Burris has a riser mount for it . they usually come with it in the box. maybe the person you got it from might still have it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WhyMe
i personally would take the FF3 off and put it on something else. perhaps a pistol. i have 2 burris products. a FF2 and FF3. great company to deal with and lifetime warranty . i probably have over 40k rounds on my Canik /ff3 Carry optics rig and its never missed a beat.

if you want to mount the FF3 on a rifle Burris has a riser mount for it . they usually come with it in the box. maybe the person you got it from might still have it?

Nothing says I'll keep it on there. It's just mounted on the Picatinny rail on the scope body. What ai bought was originally sold as a package deal, so no riser. It came with the box, and there's no spot in the box for it.

I'm sure it needs a riser to be usable and cowitness, but it would be best if it could be used as low as possible to the rail to minimize size/height. Especially on a SBF or "other" with an arm brace, using both sights to me is a challenge, while an eotech or reflex sight that can show a consistent Aimpoint with any head and eye position is nice, IMO..

I'll probably lose the Burris scope mount and go with a LaRue quick disconnect or the Aimpoint equivalent that has those torque limiting knobs, so it's easier to remove. If for no other reason then arrangement in the safe.

Back