Bro Truck Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 x 4 with too much positive offset on the after market (always blacked out) rims so that the wheels exceed outer limit of the fenders. Crew cab, newer model domestic USA brand, usually a 5' bed box on average.

I'm sorry, but to me these are rather useless except for 1. manhood extension, and 2. towing something on a regular basis. I think #2 is subordinate to #1 in most cases.

I never worry what others drive. The one thing I can say is that having the rear camera with cross traffic alert helps immensely if you are backing out of a parking space and one of these is parked next to you.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I never worry what others drive. The one thing I can say is that having the rear camera with cross traffic alert helps immensely if you are backing out of a parking space and one of these is parked next to you.

I don't either but the demographic that operate these vehicles around these parts for some reason seem to want me to tow them... or at least one would think so because they tail gate so closely they might was well hitch up. This with me running 15 mph over the posted limit in most cases. I guess they actually own the highway and I must be trespassing.

They bother me because they drive fast and think they own the road. God forbid one is stuck behind you; you get the full blast of modified long beams right at eye level, followed by an illegal overtaking maneuver kicking up rocks with the stupid mud tires; a cloud of black smoke can be a bonus. I sometimes think they have the brain development of 10 year olds.

No different than all the other fads that I personally don't think highly of. I don't care, if they want to broadcast their bad taste it's their right. My personal (least) favorite right now, is stanced cars. I just don't get it.

I wonder how these modifications remain road legal, and why they aren't being impounded at a higher rate?

I always thought that tires wider than the fenders were a no go, as well as changing bumper height from stock?

Only thing that bothers me about this breed of owner is that some neglect brake maintenance, the huge rims are generating far more kinetic energy relative to the OEM equipment - this puts innocent others at greater risk.

Plenty of those around here. These jacked-up trucks with swamp buggy tires are usually the fastest vehicles I see on the road. I don't get it, with the price of gas and diesel these days. Too much testosterone I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
4 x 4 with too much positive offset on the after market (always blacked out) rims so that the wheels exceed outer limit of the fenders. Crew cab, newer model domestic USA brand, usually a 5' bed box on average.

I'm sorry, but to me these are rather useless except for 1. manhood extension, and 2. towing something on a regular basis. I think #2 is subordinate to #1 in most cases.

I think you mean too much negative offset on the wheels.

I have people make baseless comments about me or the wife, based on the vehicles we are riding/ driving at the time, on a regular basis. This happens when we are stopped somewhere, so it's not because of how we are operating said vehicles on the road.

Why do they do this? Simple pettiness?, jealousy?, they've always been a busybody? Their commentary is always amusing, so I/we usually laugh at them, and let them go on their little angry way.

I'd suggest going for a ride, and letting some of that pent-up frustration melt away.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LoneRanger

People like what they like, it probably differs from you. Personally I cringe when I see them, not my thing... Please stop with the age-old, "manhood extension" argument though, it's lazy, worn out, and stinks of jealousy/envy/arrogance/insecurity, etc etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
What's up with the really stupid-looking lowered rears/ jacked up fronts? I see trucks like that and I want to barf.

That is the California desert prerunner look.

Like this? We call it tuna boat'n. Usually the driver is wearing a flat bill trucker hat tucked over his ears. It's just their thing.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Tman220

People like what they like, it probably differs from you. Personally I cringe when I see them, not my thing... Please stop with the age-old, "manhood extension" argument though, it's lazy, worn out, and stinks of jealousy/envy/arrogance/insecurity, etc etc.

01.gif

I'm not into the bro-truck style at all, but to each their own. I don't have to drive the thing, so it doesn't bother me what they do to it.

Bro-truck drivers actually aren't usually the worst around here. Aggressive, crazy, distracted driving is so prevalent here that I don't even associate it with a particular type or style of vehicle. You're just as likely to encounter a subcompact micro car tearing down the road, halfway over the center line and seemingly out of control as a bro-truck.

Bro-truck ads on Craigslist are pretty amusing. Usually it's a nearly 10 year old truck that has a value of maybe $20K tops dealer retail in excellent STOCK condition, but they owe $30K on it, so that's what they have it listed at, and say that in the ad! How someone reaches the conclusion that a vehicle's value is simply what they owe on it is beyond me. "2010 SILVERADO Z71 2WD 150K MILES, 12" LIFT, NEW BRBPPP XD METH FUEL ASSAULTER 26X26 WHEELS WITH 585/20R26 MUD TIRES, 100,000,000,000,000K LED LIGHT BARS, OWE $29,000 THAT'S WHAT I'M LOOKIN' TO GET."
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
What's up with the really stupid-looking lowered rears/ jacked up fronts? I see trucks like that and I want to barf.

It's some brand new trend that started in the 1970s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back