Bridgestone T31 Review

This is one of the best tires I have mounted on my bike. Turn in is neutral and continues through out the curve. Grip is excellent and the tire seems to absorb small bumps better than other tires I've run. I have 5K plus miles on them now and they continue to perform at a level which frankly puts a smile on this old man's face. This looks to be in the 10K mile class or maybe further. For you guys in the sport touring class, this is a winner.
MHO

Smoky

I put a T31 rear on my ST1300 last summer and have a T31 front in the queue (current front Michelin PR4 still has some life). Works great.
I put T31 front and rear on my NC700X this spring and I like them a lot on that bike too.
I certainly will buy another set when these wear out.

Buy in the spring, hit the sales and the mail-in rebate. Very hard to beat the price for the performance these tires give.

BS T21,23,T30EVO. Conti RA2 EVO Mich Mcadam and Pirelli angel. Another set but can't remember.
Smoky

BS T21,23,T30EVO. Conti RA2 EVO Mich Mcadam and Pirelli angel. Another set but can't remember.
Smoky

Pirelli Angel GT or ST?

Best handling and good wearing tires I have run on the ZRX 1200 are the Pirelli Angel GT and Dunlop Roadsmart 3 (currently).

My first bike when I got back into riding 15 years ago was 1997 Bandit 1200. Ultimately an opportunity came to get a used 2001 ZRX 1200, had a set of BT020’s on it but the front cupped terribly. Ran a set of Shinko Raven 009 after that, Shinko Verge 011, Angel GT, and Roadsmart 3’s.

Of note, I am running a Roadsmart 2 up front with the second Roadsmart 3 that is on the rear. First RS3 up front went well over 10,000 miles but I replaced the rear RS3 at 7,500 miles before a trip last summer. The second rear RS3 has much deeper initial tread depth than the original rear RS3 (8.1mm vs 6.1mm) and it will get 10,000 miles based on tracking treadwear. Put the RS2 up front to finish out the second RS3 in the rear, I like the RS2 profile better in terms of turn-in and holding a line in the corners.

Anyway, I suspect all the sport touring tires are within a hair of each other anymore in terms of mileage, performance and it comes down to the way the tires make the bike feel for any individual rider.

Happy riding and keep us updated on how the T31 finishes up mileage wise!

5 k rear? If so sounds very good. What is the tread depth?
Pilot power 3 :)

Update on the BS T31's: Now at 7K Miles on these tire's and IMO these are the best all around rubber I've had on this bike. It looks like they will go to at least 10K miles and they are not getting that "flat" profile yet, probably the dual compound at work. I recently worked them on a spirited ride and the grip is still excellent.
YMMV
Smoky

I have about 5000 miles combined on two bikes this summer. The T31 tires are doing great. Took a trip from Michigan to Kentucky this summer. Lots of twists and turns in Kentucky. Tires did great. Not much wear so far.
Yes, I would recommend them to a friend.

Back