BP Gas with Invigorate

I was told that BP gas is supposedly the best ethanol gas available and it will supposedly clean your fuel system and people say their vehicles run better on it.

Any truth to this?

I filled up with it Friday and added a bottle of Gumout All In One and if it wasn't my imagination, my Ford Fiesta seems to run better with this mixture.

I run Top Tier fuel 100% of the time in everything but the Jeep. I usually use BP because three stations are within a mile of my house. That said, I also won't hesitate to use Marathon, Shell or Sunoco. I can't tell a difference in vehicle performance with any of those brands.

Originally Posted by MCompact
I run Top Tier fuel 100% of the time in everything but the Jeep.

Is Top Tier a brand name?

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
I was told that BP gas is supposedly the best ethanol gas available and it will supposedly clean your fuel system and people say their vehicles run better on it.

Any truth to this?

I filled up with it Friday and added a bottle of Gumout All In One and if it wasn't my imagination, my Ford Fiesta seems to run better with this mixture.

Okay... What makes it the "best", and why would you have to add Gumout to it if it was really the best?

Originally Posted by MCompact
I run Top Tier fuel 100% of the time in everything but the Jeep.

Is Top Tier a brand name?

No its a hype name just look at the octane and % of alcohol.

Mr_Luke,

"Top Tier" is performance specifications and trademarks designed and supported by several major automakers.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Okay... What makes it the "best", and why would you have to add Gumout to it if it was really the best?

Because I had already bought the Gumout AIO after reading how people rave about it here.

Originally Posted by cos
Mr_Luke,

"Top Tier" is performance specifications and trademarks designed and supported by several major automakers.

Exactly.

The Gumout All In One has PEA which is great for Direct Injection,has a friction modifier,and ethanol protection. Good fuel can only do so much.

Gasoline is a commodity product. as long as its not contaminated by leaky or dirty tanks, decent quality and relatively fresh they are sll the same. i visit high volume gas stations as any problems wit quality will be found out sooner than later. those "one liight" towns on a long highway sometimes have stale gas or poorly maintained tanks, especially those near bodies of water, water in the gas is common near boat docks.

run what you like. shop on price just dont buy shaddy gas and your fine.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Because I had already bought the Gumout AIO after reading how people rave about it here.

Nevermind him.. it's your money, you don't have to justify jack diddly to anyone.

If you're using a Top Tier branded fuel consistently, this will help keep carbon deposits on your valves and piston tops to a minimum. That said, some cars can benefit from use of an occasional cleaner and Gumout makes one of best system cleaners on the market.

Top Tier Branded Fuel

(some car mfgs like Hyundai/Kia are beginning to even recommend use of a system cleaner as part of regular maintenance in the owners manual.. take that fwiw)

Last edited:
I used to run BP all the time until Costco came to town. Now I just run their top tier gas. I have been driving and maintaining my cars for years and have seen where a fuel system cleaner such as Techron will help an engine run better and keep your gas guage working properly due to deposits that can possibly form on some vehicles with touchy gas gauges. I use a bottle of Techron at least once a year on all my vehicles.

Their marketing of the product appears to be working. It's a good gas, probably as good as Shell, XOM, and the others selling Top Tier gas.

i used BP gas it sucks Also known as ACRO they boost claim to be a premium top tier gas

I'd stay away from
Arco/BP
Shell
and mom and pop gas stations

I only recommend Chevron and texaco
Mobil and Exxon is my second choice.

I'm a real swing voter on those two brands but normally pick the chevron station .. but mobil and chevron are neck and neck on the MPG

I noticed budget stations are pumping 89 at the premium pump i.e 91/93 price

at lest i got burned at the two shells and the two Acro stations ...

i have variable valve timing(VVT-LIVC) SO i can take advantage of the 91 octane
This can be see as retarded ignition timing ( I get upwards of 42 degrees advanced timing with REAL 91 octane) shortly after pumping 6-9 gallons of fuel form these Shell and Acro stations the ignition timing dropped to lower levels... which means my performance and MPG are going to suffer

but I got less MPG after using it my MPG highway dropped from 25 to 19.5 using Acro gas So unless it gets to 3.099 a gallon it's not worth using currently at 3.29 a gallon and the chevron is 3.779 for 91 octane

Last edited:
+1 on using Top Tier gasoline. I only use Exxon locally but keep a list of Top Tier brands with me when I travel around the US. Both of my vehicles are DI and turbo. Talking to several local mechanics I hear them complain a lot about the crap they find in modern engines using cheap gasoline.

As noted BP is Top Tier gas and because their stations are participating in the Harris Teeter/(Kroger) Fuel Points program it's the main gas I purchase/use now. Before the FP program most any TT gas but especially QuikTrip or Shell was what I used. Honestly can't say that I've noticed BP having better (or worse) performance than any other gas I've used.

Back