Bought a Taurus G3 today

I own FN509, Glock 26 & 21(x2) and Taurus (PT92AF & PT709 slim) pistols. I think Taurus is a great value, the 709 is the wife's edc. I've owned the 92 for 30 years, it has literally thousands of rounds through it and has never had a malfunction.

Never had a problem with our 3 Taurus pistols, TCP, 1st Gen PT111 and 38 (ultra lite?)
I’m happy with the brand, Admittedly we haven’t been to the range in a while now.But safe to say we probably put a few hundred rounds through them all.
Just this week I see the NRA magazine came out with a very favorable review of the third generation PT 111

Is that the PT111 Milleneum Pro? I still have one in stainless that I use as my "woods" gun. I did read just recently that Taurus had a program several years back where they were buying back/replacing these models due to a misfire when dropped situation. I'd never heard of the program and was never contacted by Taurus (I signed up with them for warranty purposes). I've never had an issue with mine.

Is that the PT111 Milleneum Pro? I still have one in stainless that I use as my "woods" gun. I did read just recently that Taurus had a program several years back where they were buying back/replacing these models due to a misfire when dropped situation. I'd never heard of the program and was never contacted by Taurus (I signed up with them for warranty purposes). I've never had an issue with mine.
Yes, it is.
PT111 Millennium Pro stainless
I too heard about the recall thing some years back. I am pretty sure you had to contact them. All I know is I never bothered and it was for a whole range of their models. Someone challenged the design back then and Taurus agreed to a voluntary recall for those who wanted it checked/inspected/possibly replaced/ or bought for $200.
Keep in mind, sometimes it is just cheaper to settle is the way I looked at it. I am sure every gun maker has been through litigation. Heck, anyone that makes a product!

All I remember at the time, it was one of those things where someone challenged them because of a dropped gun incident and the gun fired or something like that. I think the lesson here is, dont drop pistols, almost like the chance of getting hit my lightening (to me) is my gun going off from dropping it.
From what I understood (and I maybe wrong) if you sent the gun in they would determine if a part needed to be replaced.
My wife is an awesome shot with that gun, she loves how "smooth" it shoots, in our CWP class, out of 12 people, shot out the star the target leaving almost nothing, only one other person may have beat her.

Last edited:
This month's issue of American Rifleman has a lengthy review of the new Taurus G3c subcompact pistol. It is a positive review especially regarding fit and finish and ergonomics. The quality was excellent compared to some other Taurus pistols they had reviewed in the past. It consistently fired everything they put in it, and landed everything in a 3-1/2" circle at 15 yards which is more than adequate. The slide has a Tenifer finish, that ought to make it highly weatherproof.

Back