Bought a Taurus G3 today

even though i have a bunch of more expensive pistols, i have wanted one for a while. Found one at a gunstore today for $249. not a bad price. the reviews on the tube have been very positive. Just need to wait for it to get out of gov jail in 10 days.

anyone have one? an issues with it?

I have a G2 9mm that I received after Taurus recalled the Millennium Pro pistols. It's fine and frankly no different than any other polymer 9 with a similar action.

Despite what you may read online, there's really nothing majorly wrong with Taurus guns, except maybe limited aftermarket options (including cheap but reliable magazines).

I have a few of them and many other Taurus pistols. The only one I don't like is the 738 .380 pocket pistol. Wont cycle JHP at all. It's been to Taurus many times and they can't find anything wrong. All the G2/G3 are reliable firearms. Good price in this market.

even though i have a bunch of more expensive pistols, i have wanted one for a while. Found one at a gunstore today for $249. not a bad price. the reviews on the tube have been very positive. Just need to wait for it to get out of gov jail in 10 days.

Was it new or used? Thanks.

I have a G2 9mm that I received after Taurus recalled the Millennium Pro pistols. It's fine and frankly no different than any other polymer 9 with a similar action.

Despite what you may read online, there's really nothing majorly wrong with Taurus guns, except maybe limited aftermarket options (including cheap but reliable magazines).

Wow, I could not agree more. Honestly, professional guns reviews (not Internet forums) are pretty positive on the guns too.
I have 3 Taurus models, 1st gen 9mm, TCP and revolver. All have been 100% trouble free, lets not forget lifetime warranty for the life of the gun as well.

Let us know how accurate it is. I had a 9mm that was way off, couldn't be adjusted enough to be close to accurate. Bought a couple of Glocks...haven't looked back.

Let us know how accurate it is. I had a 9mm that was way off, couldn't be adjusted enough to be close to accurate. Bought a couple of Glocks...haven't looked back.
How far off are you talking? The G3 is supposed to be a highly decent inexpensive pistol. Every review I've read has been very positive.

Last edited:
I'm sure the G3 will be just fine. I picked up a Remington RP9 a while back for $250 and it shoots fine with the hotter nato loads, but won't reliably cycle lighter 9mm. My only Taurus was a 1st gen Millenium and it wasn't great. Went back to Taurus twice and still wasn't reliable with any ammo. Other folks I know that have sent their guns into taurus for work haven't had much success either. Personally there are to many other $300 options out there for me to choose a Taurus, but I understand why people do and I hope you enjoy it.

If I did a lot of shooting for sport. And was 40 years younger I would probably play with a G2S. But I only do SD Shooting and take it pretty seriously. I don't have time to experiment. My carry will always be a Glock. The G43 is my choice.
Again not saying Glocks are the best. But I know and trust them.

My experience with Glock which is limited to the 21, is it will cycle and shoot any ammo you load in it, dubious old mil surplus ball included, JHP, you name it. I have even shot moldy old stuff where the brass is greenish, and never a FTE.

I have a few of them and many other Taurus pistols. The only one I don't like is the 738 .380 pocket pistol. Wont cycle JHP at all. It's been to Taurus many times and they can't find anything wrong. All the G2/G3 are reliable firearms. Good price in this market.

I had a 738 TCP for about a month. Took it to the range and on first shot with WWB FMJ, the firing pin broke. I was not happy to say the least, FedEx'd it back to Florida and they repaired it. They sent me an extra mag back with it for my troubles and said sorry for the issue. I sold it less than a week later for what I paid for it less the tax, then sold the ammo to a guy at work. Great customer service although I was not willing to depend upon it with my life after that experience.

Any brand gun can fail, any brand gun can be choosey about ammo, as some of the most expensive brands are.
One brand the I know (there maybe others) does have a lifetime warranty that actually goes with the gun, meaning, to whoever owns it and that is Taurus. That is pretty impressive, a forever warranty, no matter who owns it.
It's a good brand for sure and in the same class as the other popular manufacturers, the key is to actually read and watch professional reviews in addition to thoughts in forums.
When we first went for our CWP's my wife and I tested MANY brands at our range, for months, as our range, you can rent and shoot.
As previously posted we own 3 Taurus models, never an issue with anything.

Dont mistake my post, I am not saying dont spend 300% more for a pistol, I am saying, Taurus reliably and accurately shoots.
If I was much into this stuff other then defense, sure, I wouldn't mind spending $600 on a really cool pocket shooter, much like a BMW and Chevy, the craftsmanship of the BMW might be nice to hold and admire, as long as it was as reliable as our Taurus's

Last edited:
Any brand gun can fail, any brand gun can be choosey about ammo, as some of the most expensive brands are.
One brand the I know (there maybe others) does have a lifetime warranty that actually goes with the gun, meaning, to whoever owns it and that is Taurus. That is pretty impressive, a forever warranty, no matter who owns it.
As long as you own it and have not modified it. Glock will fix it free.

One brand the I know (there maybe others) does have a lifetime warranty that actually goes with the gun, meaning, to whoever owns it and that is Taurus.
I too have 3 different Taurus models but you need to read the fine print on that warranty. There are several parts of the gun that are not included such as the sights and frame just to name a couple I recall off the top of my head. The paint on the sights of one of mine started chipping off, they said if the gun had been more than 1 year old they would not have replaced the sight. Hi Point covers any part of the gun to the first owner or the hundredth owner. I've even read instances where people sent in Hi Points that were in house fires or someone had done a torture test with and they sent them a complete new gun. Yeah, they look and feel like a brick but, they stand behind their products.

I too have 3 different Taurus models but you need to read the fine print on that warranty. There are several parts of the gun that are not included such as the sights and frame just to name a couple I recall off the top of my head. The paint on the sights of one of mine started chipping off, they said if the gun had been more than 1 year old they would not have replaced the sight. Hi Point covers any part of the gun to the first owner or the hundredth owner. I've even read instances where people sent in Hi Points that were in house fires or someone had done a torture test with and they sent them a complete new gun. Yeah, they look and feel like a brick but, they stand behind their products.
Good point, though I wouldn't think a lifetime warranty with restrictions is unique to Taurus or any product. Though if the internal workings of the gun malfunction you can bet it will be covered.
Cosmetics, abuse ect ect most likely not, makes sense to read any warranty.

I own 3 Taurus pistols. I've got a PT24/7 Pro DS 45 (ridiculous name), PT111 G2 9mm, and a PT22. The PT22 is the only one I have problems with. It hates bulk .22 rounds. The 45 and the 9 are great, especially for the price. Sure, they aren't a CZ, Beretta, or Sig...but they were never meant to be, either. I'm not a gun snob by any means. I own high end pistols and rifles, but I also own a HiPoint.

I have also seen reviews on the G3 and I'm very interested in one. It seems like Taurus build some quality firearms at an affordable price nowadays.

How far off are you talking? The G3 is supposed to be a highly decent inexpensive pistol. Every review I've read has been very positive.
*Agreed - the G3 has won pistol of the year and receives many positive reviews - here's hoping you have a great experience with your new G3 !

Never had a problem with our 3 Taurus pistols, TCP, 1st Gen PT111 and 38 (ultra lite?)
I’m happy with the brand, Admittedly we haven’t been to the range in a while now.But safe to say we probably put a few hundred rounds through them all.
Just this week I see the NRA magazine came out with a very favorable review of the third generation PT 111

Back