Bought a new car but found out it has a shortened warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Silverado12
Kia-Hyundai is bottom of the barrel, cheapest of the cheap. I wouldn't expect anything ethical about them and the businesses that support them. Sorry, but this is what you get when you turn your back on American union workers.

No, they are not. In fact my hyundai has been a more solid car than than others i've owned. It was built in Alabama.

Putting cash in the coffers of the UAW has never been a consideration when I select a vehicle. In fact, I buy Wranglers in spite of their being assembled by the UAW.
As for Hyundais and Kias, they are very good cars- just not my cup of tea...

I remember back in the sixties general motors had a five year or 50000mile warrenty on
a buick special I bought. but they did not have it very long.

Glad to hear they are unscrewing this deal for you.

My wife is from SA and many years back bought a KIA Sportage from World Car KIA. Got a call a few months after the sale from the GM of World Car to let us know that the finance person who process our deal was fired from the company for stealing customer info and opening credit card lines of credit in my wife's and a few others name. They did pay for the legal costs and any reimbursement to get her credit history clean of the incident

Glad that it worked out for you OP. Also its always good to hear from dealer that they stand up for customer. That sales meh. Lol

Originally Posted by Silverado12
Kia-Hyundai is bottom of the barrel, cheapest of the cheap. I wouldn't expect anything ethical about them and the businesses that support them. Sorry, but this is what you get when you turn your back on American union workers.

There are thousands Americans works for Kia/Hyundai. I bet your Chevy has many parts made in China or Mexico.

UAW can be squarely blamed for reasons domestic branded auto makers build cars in Mexico. Overpriced and overpaid labor that offers little more benefit except to workers.

Honda, Hyundai, and Toyota, Subaru sell a considerable amount of vehicles built by excellent non union us workers.

Originally Posted by Datarock
**UPDATE**

The Dealer has made contact with me and stated they made a mistake. They are getting in contact with their KIA representative and will be extending any warranties to the full manufactures warranty. KIA Motors USA also made contact and said they will change it on their end if the dealer does not change it by the end of the week as the paperwork does show new.

Kia Motors USA states the start date of February will still remain but the mileage will be extended. The way I drive, the mileage will go before the date anyways so it's not a huge deal.

Thanks for all of your help, I referenced a lot of what you said when dealing with the dealer.

Silverado12 "Kia-Hyundai is bottom of the barrel, cheapest of the cheap. I wouldn't expect anything ethical about them and the businesses that support them. Sorry, but this is what you get when you turn your back on American union workers."

Here is the website for Hyundai's USA Plant https://www.hmmausa.com/ and here is the website for KIA USA plant https://www.kmmgusa.com/
I have owned a couple of Hyundai's and KIA's and always been happy with them.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

FTR A Union made product is no guarantee of a better product. There are plenty of non-union American workers that do just as good or better work than union workers.

Rant off.

**UPDATE 2**

Kia Corporate made contact and stated not only have they extended the warranty coverage to show I am the original owner, they pushed the date it started to my original sales date. Originally, I was told that I would be given the miles but would keep the Feb 2018 date. Now it has a May 2018 date with the full 10 YR/100K powertrain and every other warranty the cars have.

I really do love the vehicle and I have my second oil change this weekend at 7,500 miles (I did the first one at 1,500 to switch to Magnatec Full Syn) I plan to have a Oil Analysis done to see how the engine is wearing so look for that in the next month or so.

Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back