Blowing coils

I have a husqvarna 125bv x series hand held blower that keeps blowing ignition coil. Will instal coil it will work that time but when I use again coil is dead. I’m on my 3rd coil. Can anyone help?

I have a husqvarna 125bv x series hand held blower that keeps blowing ignition coil. Will instal coil it will work that time but when I use again coil is dead. I’m on my 3rd coil. Can anyone help?
There might be an issue with a kill switch instead. There might be a lug connected to the coil, yank it off and see if spark appears before buying another coil. Did you ever test their resistance to see if a coil opened up? I encounter more kill switch issues that I do bad coils.

There might be an issue with a kill switch instead. There might be a lug connected to the coil, yank it off and see if spark appears before buying another coil. Did you ever test their resistance to see if a coil opened up? I encounter more kill switch issues that I do bad coils.
I don’t understand what a lug is.

The small wire connected to the coil goes to the switch to stop the engine. When the wire is grounded the sparks will stop. Try disconnecting the wire from the coil, then if the coil is good it will spark all the time even if there's a short in the switch. This is usually a push-on connection that @Lubener called a "lug".

Oh okay. I have disconnected that and still no spark. Q; if the wrong plug was instal could it damage the coils in this manor? Btw thanks for your help

Back