Blower Fan in my Suburban

This past Saturday I had just finished riding my bicycle on some tasty singletrack. I'm driving home when my blower fan stops blowing. Now I have no AC. All I can think is great, now I have to get into the dashboard... This is going to be a horror show. I stop at the parts store and before I go in, I watch a video on my phone how to replace the fan. It cannot be this easy. I buy the fan, go home, get my 1/4-inch drive set, drop the sound shield in the passenger footwell, grab the fan, find the release tab, twist it out, install the new one and reinstall the sound shield. Took maybe six minutes. The hardest part was getting the two screws back in.
I told my son how happy I was that it was so quick when he says the AC in his truck only gets cold when he's moving down the road. I said let's look at it. We have the hood open; the clutch is cycling; everything looks fine until I notice his condenser has a fan that isn't coming on. There's your problem.
There ya go. Father's Day weekend, two EASY inexpensive repairs. Couldn't be happier.

I just did one one on a 2008 Burb. I found the trick on getting those two pesky screws back in to hold the panel back in is to not push the panel upward very hard. It deforms the panel and the holes will not match with the pedestals. I also changed the resister for good measure but it was a new fan that ultimately fixed the situation. Good job.

Back