Blackstone price increase

They give bad uoa's with poor fuel reporting and some spotty results requiring a retest but expect to be paid more? Hope they reconsdier because they should lower their prices at least by a little not raise them.

They give bad uoa's with poor fuel reporting and some spotty results requiring a retest but expect to be paid more? Hope they reconsdier because they should lower their prices at least by a little not raise them.

What "bad" UOA's have you received? Please post em up and explain so we can all learn from your negative experience.

Me, I'm looking for less expensive alternatives but haven't had a negative experience with BS. I also do not need fuel dilution %'s with my current vehicles.

I've never felt the need for one, but can't believe they are the only game in town. I assume its pretty much automated. They place your sample in a machine, let it do it's thing, and a few minutes later it spits out a report. How much can it cost them, a buck or two per sample?

They have above average customer service, i think 35 is sorta pushing it though, especially with TBN being extra.

OAI (Amsoil) and Napa/WIX are both cheaper by a bit. ALS customer service is decent, OAI is a bit of an unknown but i'm not exactly impressed so far.

Hope they reconsdier because they should lower their prices at least by a little not raise them.
I was listening to my barber talk to his guys during my last cut. They’re raising their prices from $22 to $40; there’s a double-edged sword here with a caveat. One: they want to eliminate the people who gripe and nag and take an hour and a half to be “happy” with their haircut; Two: they want to be able to make the business place itself on par with the experience they’re looking to provide, and that takes money.

The people who want a GreatClips cut are free to get that, they’re not his target customer; those who don’t want some snot-nosed kid coughing on them and an upscale barber to always have an opening when “their” time is due can go to his place.

Not sure this is what Blackstone is chasing, but other OA companies have certainly raised prices long before they did.

If you think inflation is bad for consumer items, it is horrible for scientific supplies (and I am speaking from personal experience). I am sure that Blackstone uses extremely pure solvents, acids, water, and other chemicals for the preparation of samples, and they are not "inexpensive" to begin with. Then there is the cost of the high purity argon for their inductively coupled plasma instrument, as well as other consumables for their instrumentation. Even if there are "aftermarket" consumables available (seals, tubing for sample introduction, sample vials, etc.) they are still out of sight price wise.

Supplying and operating a chemistry or medical laboratory is extremely expensive, and that is before they attempt to attain or maintain any laboratory certifications or accreditations which also drive up the operational costs in order to maintain all the records that are necessary in order to maintain their certifications and accreditations. I'm glad I do not have those headaches any more!

@chemman well at least it's an answer to why they're upping their prices. I know I don't like the price increase either but I did wonder why, thanks for that input.. It's appreciated!

If you think inflation is bad for consumer items, it is horrible for scientific supplies (and I am speaking from personal experience). I am sure that Blackstone uses extremely pure solvents, acids, water, and other chemicals for the preparation of samples, and they are not "inexpensive" to begin with. Then there is the cost of the high purity argon for their inductively coupled plasma instrument, as well as other consumables for their instrumentation. Even if there are "aftermarket" consumables available (seals, tubing for sample introduction, sample vials, etc.) they are still out of sight price wise.

Supplying and operating a chemistry or medical laboratory is extremely expensive, and that is before they attempt to attain or maintain any laboratory certifications or accreditations which also drive up the operational costs in order to maintain all the records that are necessary in order to maintain their certifications and accreditations. I'm glad I do not have those headaches any more!
I have found that to be the case as well.

Basic chemicals and lab supplies are inflation crazy!

Back