BG 44K usage.

I've been using this probably about twice a year to keep my fuel systems clean and running well. Is this this an acceptable interval, or is once a year enough? Thanks.

What is the year/make/model of the vehicle(s) you are using the BG44k in?

Mileage?

And what prompted you to begin to use it?

The questions aside, using a quality fuel system cleaner once a year is probably a good interval.

I’d prefer top tier gas on a fairly regular basis to keep the injectors happy versus an “annual cleanup.”

Are you checking fuel trim? never used a fuel system cleaner and i just buy the cheapest gas and my bank trims are fine after 300k+ Never had an injector fail or misfire once either. That's just dumping money unless it has an actual issue.

What is the year/make/model of the vehicle(s) you are using the BG44k in?

Mileage?

And what prompted you to begin to use it?

The questions aside, using a quality fuel system cleaner once a year is probably a good interval.

I’d prefer top tier gas on a fairly regular basis to keep the injectors happy versus an “annual cleanup.”
1999 Toyota Avalon with 278k. 2001 Subaru Forester with 168K. I still use top tier gas from Costco or QuikTrip. Very old cars...but run great because of my OCD, that's why I use a can of 44k once in a while. Might just be speculation, but I think it could keep the CAT clean and prolong the life of the the A/F ratio and downstream sensors too.

Last edited:
You might want to rethink that...

a70de3a5f1c5fd6d31f266e6252eaa547e5860dar1-480-270_hq.gif

The BG is fine. Just make sure you to use it a few tank’s of gas prior to your oil change. It does a lot of cleaning. I only use it every 40-50k miles and only if I know the combustion chamber is dirty.

Back