Beware of tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Kestas
Pretty slick substituting hydraulic fluid for the oil, if that's what happened. That would pass scrutinization by any clerk.

But the broken seal should not have.

Here's the rub: if you break the ring and remove the cap in order to be sure the foil seal is intact, you cannot return the product. So be sure you are buying something that you will definitely be using.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Here's the rub: if you break the ring and remove the cap in order to be sure the foil seal is intact, you cannot return the product. So be sure you are buying something that you will definitely be using.

This is good advice but these gamers know how to make that cap look and feel sealed. They are conniving critters. If the cap is a solid color like most are then that adds to the difficulty of checking the internal seal.

Why the oil companies haven't all gone to transparent caps or used a shrink wrap on the outside of the cap is baffling.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Thanks for the heads up. I'm often not as careful as I should be with such things. I'm a "grab it and go guy"

This. I just bought 3 jugs of Delo 400 XSP 5w/40 for my boat and ATV the other day and didn't check the cap before leaving WM. Fortunately they were all intact.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Oil buyer beware at WM....recurring theme.

Another reason I'm not inclined to go there for my oil.

Not just oil. I checked a gallon container of Zerex Asian Blue. It had been opened and refilled with visibly darker used blue coolant. I check everything from WM now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back