Best style of condenser?

So I am re-doing the AC on my 1997 OBS F350 and I've come across a strange conundrum. It looks like there are two styles being sold. The OEM style is a two pass parallel flow with non-squished size tubes, looks like this (note the incoming and exit tubes on the same side with the incoming crossing the radiator):
[Linked Image from rockauto.com]

The second style looks like a single pass parallel flow with flattened tubes which is reminiscent of the next generation of truck's condenser:
[Linked Image from rockauto.com]

though the next generation's has both connections coming out the same side with no crossover (so I'm not clear on what the flow is)

Does anyone have knowledge on which type is going to be more effective?

Last edited:
Go with what you had unless they 110% guarantee that different style will work. I would never change out to a different style unless it is an industry known change that most shops know that it works. Do the job ONCE. You know one style works great why the heck would you want to gamble i anyway? It's not a race car that it will give you a winning performance advantage in anyway. I say go with the opposite of the style that came in the truck.

The top style is called a 6mm piccolo condenser, the bottom is a microtube parallel flow. The parallel flow is a much more efficient condenser than the 6mm piccolo

Back