Best Stubby 3/8 cordless impact

I like Dewalt but it is pricey. I am almost 75 and will be doing my last TB soon. Maybe a couple more brakes. I hate cheap tools but I do not need best anymore. Suggestions? Thanks.

I like milwaukee M12
but what batteries do you currently have?
Is this for lugnut use? the m12 is 250ft/lb but will struggle esp on truck nuts.

Maybe the right angle impact ratchet would be more useful?
1700764772182.jpg

....On today's episode we pit popular dedicated 3/8" cordless impact wrenches from Home Depot, Lowes, and Harbor Freight up against each other. This includes the Ryobi PSBIW01B, Craftsman CMCF910B, Earthquake EQ38XT-20V and Bauer 1783C-B, all with similar torque claims but with very different performance as you'll see!...

My Milwaukee M12 is a good tool. Not a lot of power, but for most bolts, it runs just fine.
“Not a lot of power” is relative to me. 250 ft-lbs is not a lot for an impact generally… but every time I have that tiny little M12 in my hand and it rattles off a rusty chassis fastener I am just delighted. (I have a DCF899 that makes several times more power but it’s also flippin’ bulky!)

I like milwaukee M12
but what batteries do you currently have?
Is this for lugnut use? the m12 is 250ft/lb but will struggle esp on truck nuts.

Maybe the right angle impact ratchet would be more useful?
View attachment 189959
I just used this to remove every spring eye and shackle bolt on a '19 Ranger. I was surprised it did it, but it was great. Getting an impact between a bedside and leaf springs is always problematic.

That said, I wouldn't want this for my everyday impact as I find a "gun" style more ergonomic in most cases

I just used this to remove every spring eye and shackle bolt on a '19 Ranger. I was surprised it did it, but it was great. Getting an impact between a bedside and leaf springs is always problematic.

That said, I wouldn't want this for my everyday impact as I find a "gun" style more ergonomic in most cases
The op stated brakes.

I have the dewalt 12v extreme and it has been phenomenal, the right angle Kobalt has also done me well but you’d probably want to have something more powerful to pair them with. M12 is also great

My Milwaukee M12 is a good tool. Not a lot of power, but for most bolts, it runs just fine.

This one:

That’s a convenient size though at 250ft-lb and battery size dependent, it can get caught up on some lugs and tight bolts.

Back