Best Protein Drink Mix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best tasting? Best ingredients? Best price?

The Beyond Raw series at GNC has pretty good ingredients and tons of flavors. If you can't find one of them to fit your fancy, well then, you're just super picky
smile.gif

Dymatize ISO 100 is the best I've had. I used to take protein mix for a few years after workouts. I've now stopped buying protein mixes and just eat more high protein foods with better results. The protein powders didn't seem to make a difference for me in terms of more muscle, but just eating more did. And the cost of protein powder per month was not worth it (just buy more food with the savings) I'm not sure what your intentions are but keep these things in mind...

I like Muscle Milk protein powder or why or ON whey. Both in vanilla.

Check the cholesterol levels before you buy. Levels can be as high in some mixes. Less is always better. Walk in GNC and compare the different cholesterol levels. Its all over the map.

Do your research before you buy as many brands have been found having high metal content inside the protein powder, yes its true, Google it.

Originally Posted by dave1251
What is your goal in using protein drinks?

To survive my new job. I push carts all day and toss around 80 lb. bags of concrete all day. I'm constantly on the move from one end of the parking lot to the other. A lot of times I'm so busy that I forget to take my breaks. I feel like I've been ran over by 5 Peterbilts at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by das_peikko

To survive my new job. I push carts all day and toss around 80 lb. bags of concrete all day. I'm constantly on the move. A lot of times I'm so busy that I forget to take my breaks. I feel like I've been ran over by 5 Peterbilts at the end of the day.

Try a meal replacement drink. I personally prefer the vegan ones, such as Vega, Garden of Life, PlantFusion, etc.

If it were me I'd stick to a Nut Butter Sandwich's. easy to pound down and I believe mote of what you need.

I use Evlution Nutrition's Stacked Protein. I use it to increase my protein intake without greatly increasing my calorie intake.

I think you just need more food, water, and sleep.

To survive my new job. I push carts all day and toss around 80 lb. bags of concrete all day. I'm constantly on the move from one end of the parking lot to the other. A lot of times I'm so busy that I forget to take my breaks. I feel like I've been ran over by 5 Peterbilts at the end of the day.

If you read the labels … the cheaper store brand (meal substitute) drinks have the same important nutritional value … not just calories … but things you need in the summer heat like potassium etc …

You're probably more fitted for a meal replacement given what you're looking to use the product for. However, there are a couple of protein powders that border the line between straight protein shake and meal replacement.

I've been a big fan of BSN Syntha-6 for something like this. Provides a blend of proteins from Whey to Casein for a steady stream of absorption. Depending on the flavor, has roughly 6g of fat as well so it should keep you a bit more satiated than a typical protein power. It's a little pricey but if you buy off Amazon or Bodybuilding.com you can get some good prices. The wife just bought a 2.5lb tub of the Peanut Butter flavor from Amazon for $26 shipped.

GNC is significantly overpriced, they're a good place to stop in and skim the shelves to do research but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy from them.

Well do you still black and too big puffy feet? Did you take care of that problem?
Do you still take 12-24 Ibuprofen per day?
do you have a big hat?
Do you wear comfortable breathable shoes?

I think your other thread has all the right answers about what you can eat or snack.
Since I'm going to assume any cool drink from the store, you will have to buy it, you can cool a 1-2 gallon bottles of water over night in your fridge, and keep one at time under some towels/cooling bag so it's closer to you.
The first thing is you need hydration.
Second, probably, 1 gatorade about every 2 hours. You can search the webs for good homemade recipes.

When you get home, alternate cold and warm shower to help in muscle recovery.
learn how to self-massage. especially back muscles.

Check out myprotein. Best bang for your buck. Don't worry much about cholesterol content as dietary cholesterol is a small contributor to blood cholesterol.

Drink 2 gallons of water a day. Proteins from chicken and fish. Nuts and dried fruits and ice baths every night will help with the recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back