BEST Oil Filter for 2020

I know this will be a highly opinionated thread, but who makes the best engine oil filter right now? And if possible, what reasons make them the best?

35.gif
Fram Ultra.

Originally Posted by DCMotorsports
And if possible, what reasons make them the best?

Everyone has their own list of what constitutes "the best oil filter". For example, some people care more about cost than they do about efficiency.

I use Fram Ultra or Toyota OEM for 10k miles OCI. I don't know if they're the best but they're good enough for my needs and I don't believe I'll reap any benefits from using a "better" filter.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
35.gif
Fram Ultra.

+1.

This question will never end on BITOG. I just ordered 4 more Ultra's from Rockauto. I thought of going with a cheaper filter on R/A and I just couldn't do it!
crackmeup2.gif

I'll guess that you're the DC Motorsports in Greenbrier, Arkansas, and with all the expertise displayed on your Facebook page you don't know the answer to this?

I'm gonna go with the Fram Ultra, they're the most affordable filter in the high end class, only cost $9 or $7-8 on sale sometimes, Rural King has had them on sale for $8 for the last several months, even have the shorter 3506 that can be used on my Blazer for only $7 although I just bought the 9837 because I prefer the bigger filter for only a buck more. Can't beat that for a wire backed dual layer full synthetic media filter.

Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
Gas Engine: Extended changes: Fram Ultra
Standard Intervals: Wix/Napa Gold

Diesel: Donaldson

+1, and glad to see someone include different uses/applications.

Originally Posted by Mainia
Fram Titanium.

Those tear drop "power flow" tornado swirl inducing inlet holes really brought oil filters to a different level of perceived performance ... lol.
wink.gif

I've thought about starting a 'which filter has the best anti-drainback valve' thread for my Ram. I occasionally get a dry start type tick that is completely random in its occurrence. All I can figure is the anti-drainback valve is leaking on the filters. I'm only on my second oil change and the noise happened the same amount with a Mopar filter I tried first and the Fram Ultra I've got on it this go around.. I guess I'll try a Wix next time.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Fram Titanium.

Those tear drop "power flow" tornado swirl inducing inlet holes really brought oil filters to a different level of perceived performance ... lol.
wink.gif

As far as for a Hyundai Ultra vs a Hyundai Titanium........They cost the same for me, I will chose the Titanium. I don't like those small holes in the "Hyundai Ultra" base plate. I will chose the large holes in the Titanium. The tear drop holes do nothing/ALL marketing BS.

My favorite oil filter is Royal Purple. In my Silverado 3500, I typically run the filter for 2 OCI's for a total of 12-14k miles.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Fram Titanium.

wink.gif

As far as for a Hyundai Ultra vs a Hyundai Titanium........They cost the same for me, I will chose the Titanium. I don't like those small holes in the "Hyundai Ultra". I will chose the large holes in the Titanium. The tear drop holes do nothing/ALL marketing BS.

Yep, the larger inlet holes will help reduce the delta-p across the filter by a hair, but it's not a make or break feature. If the price and availability was the same, I'd probably go for the Titanium too.

Fram Ultra. Best efficiency and lasts for 2 OCI on most vehicles. You can even find the professional version clones (Fram Pro Synthetic) for cheaper on eBay.

Back