BEST Oil Filter for 2020

The most important thing about an oil filter is that it doesn't fail and then if it does fail and cause engine damage a majoe brand would probably cover the cost of the repairs.
They won't pay for an engine that simply wears out from dirty oil.

I'm not a believer that there is a best oil filter. I do believe that there are some oil filters that are far superior to most all others on the market. And I also believe that the best filter for one engine is not necessarily the best for some other engine. For example, I believe some of the best filters available for European cars are Mahle, Mann, and Purflux. But I would use a Fram Ultra if a Mahle or Purflux wasn't readily available and the Ultra was.

For my Outback, I believe the best filter choice is a NAPA Gold/Wix.

The Fram Ultra is a very good filter for the money. So is a Mobil 1. Amsoil sells some good filters too, but they are overpriced for the performance.

Dont understand.. its about the best current filter.. not for a 2000 vehicle. So you can comment wrong year for every post in 2021
It was about the best filter you could buy in 2020, since then Mann-Hummel has consolidated some Wix and Purolator production lines and Fram has jacked up the Ultra, perhaps some other changes have occurred with other manufacturers, a new thread would be more relevant than necroing this one.

I like a bypass system; something like an Amsoil remote or dual remote. However, I cannot generate data that suggests they're cost-effective.
Especially considering and the odds are a properly maintained engine will out last the rest of the drive train bar cost cutting at the manufacturing level running Jiffy lube oil and filters.

Back