Best Holiday Deals on PC Components

I've been looking around at PC Components lately and there's some good deals on SSDs
The best deals I've found are
The 2TB Crucial T500, their new top performing gen. 4 drive, is $101.99 at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Internal-Gaming-Desktop-Compatible/dp/B0CK2TC9XQ
The 4TB Nextorage gen.4 drive is down to $200 with the heatsink or $195 without at Amazon and Newegg

https://www.amazon.com/Nextorage-Expansion-Write6900MB-NEM-PA4TB-SYM/dp/B09YRMYXG7?th=1
https://www.newegg.com/nextorage-4tb-ne1n-series-m-2-2280-pcie-4-0-nvme-ssd/p/0D9-0106-00009

I typically prefer first party drives, ie. Samsung, Crucial/Micron, SK Hynix/Solidigm, Kioxia(Toshiba), WD/Sandisk, etc, but I kept seeing Nextorage and thought it was a generic drive, but turns out they were founded by Sony in collaboration with Phison, and now Phison solely owns the brand, they appear to be a good second-party? SSD manufacturer then since they're made by a controller manufacturer but using NAND and DRAM sourced from Micron.

I haven't eyeballed other components because if I really wanted a CPU and motherboard, I'd probably get a bundle deal from Microcenter, but if you see good deals, drop them in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a good heatsink to put on a bare drive, the high end Thermalright ones, are super cheap like $9-12 for completely overkill heatsinks for an SSD, I'd consider the HR-09 pro if you want passive cooling, and the HR-10 pro if you want a small fan. The HR-09 looks like it'd probably better overall if your m.2 slot is close to another fan, since it has more surface area. Obviously if you don't have room because your heatsink has to fit under a GPU than neither of these are a good option.

Interesting, I didnt know they had heatsinks for SSDs. I've stuck with Samsung/Crucial myself and generally have had them last. Thank you for sharing.

heatsink depends on the overall chassis airflow. Imo skip samsung too many failures on the evos. Id pay more to keep micro since inhouse everything.

heatsink depends on the overall chassis airflow. Imo skip samsung too many failures on the evos. Id pay more to keep micro since inhouse everything.
The only Samsung problem I know of was with the 980 and 990 Pro and they fixed the firmware on that, Samsung isn't the only one that's had any issues lately, Crucial had firmware updates when they had to switch to a newer controller for newer flash on the MX500, and WD has had issues with Sandisk external SSDs that have high rates of manufacturing defects, SSDs have become such a cheap commodity that there's no guarantee that even the best of drives won't suffer issues, the real lesson is people really need to keep good backups.

intel seems to have had a great reputation. too bad they sold that division a while ago, and i assume this is old stock?

intel seems to have had a great reputation. too bad they sold that division a while ago, and I assume this is old stock?
The 905p probably are older stock, but I think they still produce a current generation of Optane drives, I think Intel did not sell Optane to SK Hynix.

Back