Best fuel stabilizer/cleaner ?

I've been using Sea Foam for years in all of my fuel for my boat, lawn mower, 2 cycle lawn equipment, pressure washer, etc.. I use 1 oz per gallon to keep fuel fresh or 2 oz per gallon to clean.
My question... Is there something out there that's better?? I've been looking at the Techron powersports/small engine fuel treatment.

Seafoam is adding alcohol to the fuel. I like theGumout Regane product line, Gumout Multitune,Redline Si-1 better. Try finding a product with PEA,Friction Modifier and an ethanol protection/barrier. Try find non ethanol fuel too. The Techron is fine for cleaning with PEA but lack FM and ethanol protection. Avoid Seafoam.

Since it works, why change. If it's too expensive make your own. You could make it with less alcohol.

Originally Posted by joemo
Google homebrew seafoam. I've been making my own for years.

Thank you for the info. I will definitely try this at home since it's much less expensive than buying it at the store. Great DIY info on home-brew seafoam and so easy to make with only 3 ingredients.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Seafoam is adding alcohol to the fuel. I like theGumout Regane product line, Gumout Multitune,Redline Si-1 better. Try finding a product with PEA,Friction Modifier and an ethanol protection/barrier. Try find non ethanol fuel too. The Techron is fine for cleaning with PEA but lack FM and ethanol protection. Avoid Seafoam.

I wasn't aware Seafoam contained alcohol. Looking at the Gumout multi-tune you recommend, it has 7-13% alcohol........

I had seafoam fix a lean condition on my 2 stroke leaf blower and a flooding condition on my lawn mower, both issues didn't reoccur in the past 2 years since treatment. Could have been a coincidence, but doesn't seem like it.

I also had a lean surge at wife open throttle in the caprice and I put seafoam down the secondary rods in the quadrajet and the issue went away.

I now use CRC gdi cleaner instead because I've heard of better results, but Seafoam did seem to give me results. I wouldn't use it for long term storage or ethanol protection though. I use stabil marine for that.

I've heard good things about star Tron also.

I also had seafoam fix a lean condition on a snow blower and lawnmower. I have used it for years 1 ounce of seafoam per 1 gallon non ethanol gasoline. All my small engines start in a single pull

I've been using Sea Foam for years in all of my fuel for my boat, lawn mower, 2 cycle lawn equipment, pressure washer, etc.. I use 1 oz per gallon to keep fuel fresh or 2 oz per gallon to clean.
My question... Is there something out there that's better?? I've been looking at the Techron powersports/small engine fuel treatment.
I have had this pdf for a long time but it is too large for bitog server so I hosted it with a free service. Pretty interesting, take it for what it is, agree, disagree, its all good. The pdf is 37mb so it may take a min to load.
I use Redline SI-1 it have proven itself in actual dirty injector testing that have been cleaned and run 30K then tested again with great results.

Additive Study

Back